Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

13 JKU Feels Like it Tugging

Old 07-26-2016, 05:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 13 JKU Feels Like it Tugging

It starts at 35mph, Starts to feel like its braking or galloping. RPM does not change, no lights on. I am running 35" Hankook MT and just put new ones on thinking it was the issue. still there, please help.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Need more info. Manual transmission or automatic?
Old 07-27-2016, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Default Automatic

Originally Posted by doxchopshop69
It starts at 35mph, Starts to feel like its braking or galloping. RPM does not change, no lights on. I am running 35" Hankook MT and just put new ones on thinking it was the issue. still there, please help.

I disconnected the battery today for an hour and cleaned throttle body, same issue

Automatic transmission
Old 07-27-2016, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Need more info. Manual transmission or automatic?
I disconnected the battery today for an hour and cleaned throttle body, same issue

Automatic transmission
Old 07-27-2016, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

Might check out your u joints in your driveline.

BC
Old 07-27-2016, 07:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you tried running it with OD off and at the same speed. Wondering if it's kicking into higher gear causing the motor to bog down (too low of RPM).
Old 07-27-2016, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

i just had a similar issue. don;t know if its related. jeep felt like it was clutch slipping or always in the wrong gear for about a month. family and i drove on vacation across the country and i kept thinking 'man it feels like its in the wrong gear'. i have a 13 jku with 3 in lift and 33s. eventually it did throw code po6dd. i took it in and the dealer told me that the place that did my last oil change didn't properly fit the oil filter and the oil pressure coming out of the filter was too low. eventually it got the code and check engine light but that was a while after. i thought i was going crazy.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey casamtb,

I have an issue similar to the OP's. When I'm rolling down the highway, especially into a headwind, the transmission (or motor) kind of has a low "growl" like it wants to be in the next gear down. This began after having an oil change. So looking at the OP's original issue coupled with your issue makes me wonder if I've got the same thing going on. I don't have any obvious "slipping", just the low growl usually obvious at freeway speeds (mines a 2011 JKU on 35's). Does this seem like your issue too?

Originally Posted by casamtb
i just had a similar issue. don;t know if its related. jeep felt like it was clutch slipping or always in the wrong gear for about a month. family and i drove on vacation across the country and i kept thinking 'man it feels like its in the wrong gear'. i have a 13 jku with 3 in lift and 33s. eventually it did throw code po6dd. i took it in and the dealer told me that the place that did my last oil change didn't properly fit the oil filter and the oil pressure coming out of the filter was too low. eventually it got the code and check engine light but that was a while after. i thought i was going crazy.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnInPaso
Hey casamtb, I have an issue similar to the OP's. When I'm rolling down the highway, especially into a headwind, the transmission (or motor) kind of has a low "growl" like it wants to be in the next gear down. This began after having an oil change. So looking at the OP's original issue coupled with your issue makes me wonder if I've got the same thing going on. I don't have any obvious "slipping", just the low growl usually obvious at freeway speeds (mines a 2011 JKU on 35's). Does this seem like your issue too?
All I can say is maybe. If u noticed after a recent oil change it might be related. Google po6dd pentstar and see if that's what is up. I had a similar dogging feeling and it felt like it was constantly in that about to drop a gear limbo.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by doxchopshop69
what gears are you running? Did you just jump way up in tire size?

Quick Reply: 13 JKU Feels Like it Tugging