Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

13 JKU AC Control Unit and Blend Door clicking

Old 08-09-2024, 05:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 13 JKU AC Control Unit and Blend Door clicking

Have a 13 JKU Sahara - I recently replaced the PITA right side blend door (which I hope to never have to do again) due to the clicking noise. Got it done, noise went away for about 3 months but now it's back. Recently I have the flashing light on the AC control unit which is a known issue and I'm going to replace that. My question is may the bad control unit and lack of memory have anything to do with my blend door clicking again? I hope to replace the AC Control and it will "realign" the blend door. I hope that makes sense. TIA.
Old 08-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 400 Likes on 375 Posts

Welcome to JK Forum.
The following users liked this post:
blujeep13 (08-10-2024)
Old 08-09-2024, 09:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you replace the actuator with a Mopar part, or an aftermarket? Many people - myself included - have had issues with the aftermarket actuators not calibrating properly. I replaced my blend door actuator with a Crown unit a few months ago, and while the clicking stopped I get the flashing light as it “recalibrates” each time I open the door or start the vehicle. I did try the recalibration process using JScan but had no success. The HVAC system works fine once it goes through the cycle, but when it cools off and I get motivated I’ll replace the actuator with a Mopar one.
Old 08-10-2024, 10:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The blend door was replaced with a Dorman part. Same plastic gears as the Mopar. I have the Jscan tool. I'll need to look for the recalibration option. I have yet to replace the AC Control unit. It works fine after +- 20 seconds.
Old 08-10-2024, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 400 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by blujeep13
The blend door was replaced with a Dorman part. Same plastic gears as the Mopar. I have the Jscan tool. I'll need to look for the recalibration option. I have yet to replace the AC Control unit. It works fine after +- 20 seconds.
20 seconds and it works OK after the initial issue...

Quick Reply: 13 JKU AC Control Unit and Blend Door clicking