Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

110VAC Inverter?

Old 08-17-2011, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 110VAC Inverter?

I am looking for a part number list for the OEM 11VAC Inverter setup for the 2011 model. I have the base Sport and want to add the inverter setup. Thank you in advance for any help with this you all can provide.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default better inverter

How about going to Sams Club or finding a good 750 to 1000 watt inverter, and running good 10 guage wire to the rear cargo area and that way you would have more than 1 outlet and more power capability? It would probably be cheaper too and they mount with screws....
Old 08-17-2011, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in the same situation.

Unfortunately, it appears that the inverter in the 2011 may be part of the CANBUS system or one of its subsystems. In discussing this with the service manager at a friendly dealer I found, he says that it must be activated via the internet and the scan tool for your VIN. Unfortunately, they can't do it, because that option is not available dealer installed like the electric start would be. He says that this is one of the most common requests they get on the Sport models.

I ended up buying one from Amazon (400W modified sine) for cheap. I have not run the wires up to the battery, but I installed it on that little bracket under the passenger seat and its held on with zip ties. I am currently running it off the 12V adapter until I get off my lazy behind and run the wires to the battery.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:19 AM
JK Super Freak

better off with a aftermarket inverter, which will include more wattage and a ground for devices that require it. I still have yet to find a use for my factory one.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the input. I just really liked the idea of having the outlet on the front of the center console (convenience). I will look into an after market setup and see about relocating the outlet from the aftermarket inverter to the center console. It will be more work but the benefits will be worth the extra work.

Quick Reply: 110VAC Inverter?