Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

'11 wrangler 2 door LEAKS!!!! help guys.....

Old 12-03-2011, 01:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I solved the leak I'm on my phone but I'll help latter
Old 12-04-2011, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I agree! if you spend hard working money on something it should be what you paid for! ,, i acually dont see why someone would say "its a jeep" when there product is just getting ruined, not too say that if i take the top off and i go wheel it, then but i would totally be onboard to start something of a suit to correct this problem!
Old 12-07-2011, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

did you guys receive loaner cars while your jeeps were getting this work done? my dealer wants me to leave my jeep there for 3 days without giving me a loaner, leaving me no way to get to work.

ridiculous. i PRAY i can get jeep to buy back my wrangler so I can get a Ram or something.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikeyo74
Yup it's the rubber seal (gasket?) on the passenger door. I had the same problem, it was driving me crazy. The funny thing is it would stay wet for weeks, without even being in the rain. Just have them replace the rug on that side and put the right seal in. Thousands of jeeps have this problem, I don't understand why they wait for you to complain to fix it. Should be a recall.

Anyway, they fixed mine in Sept and its been dry ever since. Don't get discouraged
Try googling "hidden recalls" I've found them in all my past vehicles. I just bought an 2011 and have not noticed. Will keep a lookout.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just to add. My wife had purchased a new 1998 Honda Civic. A few months after the warranty expired we had tranny problems. My wife goggled problem and several people had the same problem. They called us back, said it would cost $2500 to fix. We mentioned the problem and they still did not budge. I told them to put it back together and push it out on the lot and we would come pick it up and never buy there product again. Told them reason for purchasing was the reliability record. Well they called back and said if we were to pay $250 they would replace and also put warranty on tranny well. Have not had any problems since. Stick to your guns!!
Old 12-07-2011, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry to hear that, I have a 2011 as well and while at the first dealer (Farrish Jeep in Farifax VA) for some clutch issues which the were worthless on, I asked about the top and recalls and of course got nothing from them. (Great salesman and price via USAA but thier service dept sucks) Took the Jeep to Safford Jeep in Fredricksburg VA for the same clutch issue and while they fixed that they checked all recalls, flashed the computer, replaced my door seals and fixed my clutch. Thier price was a little higher for the Jeep (and they did not have a mango) but thier service is top notch.

I would call Jeeps customer service (thats what got me my rental car for the clutch issue and had them get it in after they said "that noise is normal") they should be able to put a little fire under someones butt. Hope your Jeep gets fixed. The only water that needs to be on the inside is when you hit the mudhole topless yelling Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooo ooooooo!

Good luck!
Old 12-07-2011, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

Mine leaked too. I just started slamming the door pretty hard cause i was so pissed it was leaking and it hasn't leaked since. It could be one of those things if its broke just hit a couple of times haha
Old 12-08-2011, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JkTrucker2011
Good for u ; ) Well my sheet leaks from time to time but as long as my seats are dry I'm cool with it. Eventually everyone will leave their top off under a rain cloud. Or drive through a creek. No matter what it'll get wet so....
And if that the case, then so be it. It's on the owner for leaving the top off in bad weather or flying through a creek. But there is no excuse for leaving the Jeep in the drive way with the top all buttoned up and it leaks. Your logic could apply to all vehicles that have convertable tops. Like beamers and mustangs etc. the owners should just make the payments and tolerate the leaks on the leather interior
and high end electronics and musty smelling carpet.
I totally disagree it's a Jeep thing. And I would bet Chrysler would too.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

For a quick fix you can go to lowes and get some weather stripping foam tape that's sticky on the back and put it on the spots it seems to leak, worked great for me and only costs a couple bucks
Old 12-08-2011, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JkTrucker2011
I was being sarcastic. FYI
10-4 dude, the leak thing is just a touchy subject with me.
On a lighter note, I just got back from a shopping center and parked next to a medium size Dodge Ram. The owner had installed bed liner in his bed. Then its appears that he brushed it on the roof of the cab and on the hood. I stood there for a minute, looked at my JK, and thought, in a couple of more payments, when it's payed off, that might not be a bad idea. lol, bedilne the entire inside and outside.
Never have to worry about scratches, leaks, or even washing it ever again. And I'm not being sarcastic. Has a dull finish but what the hay, it has me thinking about it.

Quick Reply: '11 wrangler 2 door LEAKS!!!! help guys.....