Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

1/2 doors to full doors with power windows & locks?

Old 07-26-2011, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1/2 doors to full doors with power windows & locks?

I have a guy that wants to trade me my half doors for full doors.

Only issue is the full door has power locks as well as power windows, has anyone did the conversion? Is the jeep wired for it already or would it be to much if a pain in the ass to do?

Thanks for any input anyone can give.

Thanks

Nick

(No my Jeep does not have the switches for the windows)
Old 07-26-2011, 07:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

People on here have added power options to their jeeps. I believe you can order the parts from Chrysler or see if he will trade the console area where the switches are for the Windows.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:52 AM
JK Newbie

A bunch of people have done this and if you have the doors with all power, its a lot easier since the wiring for the doors are there. Not sure about the window switches but it cant be too hard to do!
Old 07-26-2011, 08:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think it is going to be so easy to put power full doors onto a rig without the power option already.

The wiring harnesses are different (inside the door as well as on the body), you need switches somewhere (they aren't on the doors, those are lock switches), and you don't want to mess up the PCM. For all I know you might need the dealer to program with the STAR scan....

Think this through. I don't see it as an even trade and not in your favor.

If you want full doors, look for a set of non-power fulls. Maybe off a wreck.

Aftermarket OEM half-doors are still a premium item.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ensignkid
A bunch of people have done this and if you have the doors with all power, its a lot easier since the wiring for the doors are there. Not sure about the window switches but it cant be too hard to do!
I can't recall anyone posting about successfully putting full doors with power options onto a non-power option rig... Locks maybe but not windows...

Can you post a link? I searched a bit but no luck.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I really like the 1/2 doors but find it a pain in the ass.. If I am out and want to put the top down I cant (no place to put the windows and top of the doors since I normaly put the doors in the "trunk". I just put the sunrider back and doors in the back.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I will trade you my full doors with harness and switches only problem is they are black.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by prowler9
I really like the 1/2 doors but find it a pain in the ass.. If I am out and want to put the top down I cant (no place to put the windows and top of the doors since I normaly put the doors in the "trunk". I just put the sunrider back and doors in the back.
I have half doors and soft top and I like the set up. I put the two side panels and the upper doors in the back pinched in between the rear seat and top which has been put down. So that just leaves me with the rear window to tuck somewhere, or leave at home.
Obviously this doesn't allow me to take the lower part of the door off but thats ok cuz I love the look of the half doors with the top down.
This allows me to have the top down and have all the stuff with me incase of sudden rain. All while leaving the rear seat in for friends.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you have silver I have some full doors up for a trade!

Quick Reply: 1/2 doors to full doors with power windows & locks?