Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

07 stalled while driving, all power gone!

Old 04-07-2014, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 stalled while driving, all power gone!

I have an 07 autotragic with about 77,500 miles on it and earlier today while driving getting close to a red light, the Jeep just completely shut off --- lights, radio, dash, engine etc.........
No lights came on in the dash, no chimes either. When it stalled I tried cranking with the key an nothing, no noise. Then I opened the hood and I wiggled the battery back and fourth holding the connections. I then could hear like a snapping/cackling electrical sound. hen I went back to try and start it and nothing. Then I realized it was sill in the "D" position, so I put it to "P", park, and hen it started. This all happened within a few minutes.
I took it to the dealer and they could not find one thing wrong. They said my battery was good as well as the alternator.
Any body have experienced this before?
Could it be bad connctions and the terminals at the battery?
Thanks.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:55 PM
JK Newbie

Nothing on when attempting to crank sounds like bad connection,same thing happened in my ranger, just replaced terminals. As far as cutting off completely while running I've never heard of that.

Keep Calm and Chive On
Old 04-07-2014, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ya no sounds during cranking with the key. I'll try cleaning the terminals i guess. Just hope doesnt happen on he highway going 60+
Old 04-07-2014, 07:33 PM
JK Freak

Check the power wire running to your fuse box. If it is loose, it will cause EVERYTHING when not in complete contact -- I know this from experience and much cussing!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:33 PM
JK Freak

*cause everything to shut down

Quick Reply: 07 stalled while driving, all power gone!