Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

07 Auto Transmission will not shift to 3rd. help

Old 04-30-2010, 09:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Auto Transmission will not shift to 3rd. help

so yeah... on the way home today and my auto trans will not shift from 2nd into 3rd. Did a trans fluid drain and refill about 4 weeks ago... level looks good, used ATF+4 per the manual...

what gives? any help would be appreciated.

updated with new info... i am pulling the following codes with my Flashpaq

P0883 - TCM Power Input High - bad sensor or big problem?
C101C - Right front wheel sensor is pissed and reporting irradic numbers --> Could this be a bad sensor? its does sound odd when I corner at speed

Not to worried about the following as I have run a relay and aftermarket fogs to my factory switch
B16F9 and B16FD - related to high input fogs

Last edited by 07JKX; 04-30-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:01 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 171 Likes on 146 Posts

From the service manual:

P0883 - TCM Power Input High

Theory of Operation

The Transmission Control Output circuit is used to supply power to the Transmission Solenoid/Pressure Switch Assembly, Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and the LP VFS Solenoid when in normal operating mode. The purpose of the Transmission Output circuit is to allow the Transmission Control System to turn off the power to the Transmission Solenoid/pressure Switch Assembly in the event that the transmission should need to be placed into limp-in mode due to a DTC.
After a PCM reset, (ignition switch turned to the run position, or after cranking the engine) the Transmission Control System verifies that the Transmission Output circuit is open by checking for voltage on the Transmission Output circuits before the Transmission Control System request for the circuit to be powered up. The request is sent by a direct circuit control from the PCM to the TIPM. If voltage is detected on the Transmission Output circuits before the request is sent, the DTC will set.

• When Monitored: When the ignition is turned from "OFF" position to "RUN" position and/or the ignition is turned from "START" position to "RUN" position.
  • Set Condition: This DTC is set if the Powertrain Control Module senses greater than 3.0 volts on the Transmission Control Relay Output circuits prior to a request from the PCM to TIPM to energize the Transmission Output circuits.

Possible Causes
TIPM DTCS PRESENT
(T15) TRANSMISSION CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORT TO VOLTAGE
(T16) TRANSMISSION CONTROL OUTPUT CIRCUIT SHORT VOLTAGE
TRANSMISSION SOLENOID/PRESSURE SWITCH ASSEMBLY
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE

C101C-RIGHT FRONT WHEEL SPEED SENSOR SIGNAL ERRATIC PERFORMANCE

• Set Condition: When the Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS) Signal is intermittently missing while vehicle speed is above 40 km/h (25 mph) or erratic wheel speed signal during acceleration or sensed wheel speed is different from other wheels.

Possible Causes
RIGHT FRONT WSS LOOSE — B6, B7 CIRCUITS/CONNECTOR/TERMINAL DAMAGE
RIGHT FRONT TONE WHEEL DAMAGE
RIGHT FRONT WHEEL/BEARING DAMAGE
IMPROPER RIGHT FRONT TIRE PRESSURE/MISMATCHED TIRES
RIGHT FRONT WSS
ANTI-LOCK BRAKE MODULE
Old 04-30-2010, 01:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks a million.... i hooked up the flashpaq and cleared the codes and everything is normal... going to make a short trip and see if it happens again. I swear.... to many electronics in vehicles these days. i wanted a jeep not a mercedes

thanks again... if anyone else had this issue, please let me know your solution.

I find this odd happening at 50K miles... not sure if I should take it to a transmission shop or not

Quick Reply: 07 Auto Transmission will not shift to 3rd. help