Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

***Received Update for MyGig 430RHB***

Old 04-23-2011, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ***Received Update for MyGig 430RHB***

Today i received a package from Chyrsler and it contained and update CD for the MyGig430n. I received the disc probably because i emailed Chrysler about 2 months ago regarding the issues with iphones (streaming, and pluggin into USB not working)

I was extremly excited! My iphone will work properly!

I begin the update process and notice on the cd packaging there is mention of the Sirius Travel Link software.

After 15min the update is complete, i reboot system, plug the iphone in...and to my dissapointment, all my issues with the iphone are still happening.

It turns out the update only added the Sirius Travel link software. And let me add...seems to be very useless. No gas prices and detailed, sports section is not easy to use. Only good thing seems to be the weather, and maybe movie times.

The update also changed the NAV button on the screen to this ugly yellow orange color.

So all in all...a useless update!

Just thought I'd let you know as i know a lot of people are waiting for this update.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:33 PM
JK Newbie

I just bought my 2011 rubicon in feburary. Is my system up to date.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

you can check the version of software you have on the unit. I do not have the instructions to do that on hand right now.

The original version is : 20.02.01
The version of software on the disc is 23.04.41

Not sure how they went from 20 to 23.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

to follow up...

After driving around today with my ipod plugged into the console, It seems the update as affected it.

As a new song comes starts playing...one second plays..then stops for a sec, and starts up again. Not sure the update caused this issue or what, but it's annoying.

Quick Reply: ***Received Update for MyGig 430RHB***