Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift Kits and Coils

Old 07-23-2008, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Teraflex (Joe). I have a question. With 22 different oem spring rates and different shocks etc., how do you quys decide what firmness to go with on springs, shocks for your kit especially since this kit is for the 2&4 door ? I have the rubicon and love the ride so I am trying to decide if I would get the shocks or the adapter version. Thanks.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:46 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by seajk
Hey Teraflex (Joe). I have a question. With 22 different oem spring rates and different shocks etc., how do you quys decide what firmness to go with on springs, shocks for your kit especially since this kit is for the 2&4 door ? I have the rubicon and love the ride so I am trying to decide if I would get the shocks or the adapter version. Thanks.
Good question. Same here - 2dr Rubicon and am very happy with the ride so also thinking of just going with adapters, but being rather new to all this after-market mod stuff, am wondering if adapters diminishes performance gained by the new coils.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
TeraFlex Rep

I work with Joe at TeraFlex and noticed your thread here. I just put a 2-1/2" kit on my new 4dr Rubicon and I chose the adapters. The Rubicon shocks are a high quality shock and would compare with any mono tube aftermarket shock out there. I think the ride is great and I have run all the lifts TeraFlex makes.
Why Jeep has so many spring options is a good question. When you look at the part number identification tags on the springs you'll see that the rear springs have a different number from the left to right side. With the fuel take fully on one side of the JK the loaded to unloaded tank could make a difference of about 160-175 lbs which may explain the two springs. So that contributes to the many different numbers. Different tire options and equipment packages are the explanation Jeep will give you. At TeraFlex we test the springs ourselves and try various rates until we find the one WE LIKE the best for what we do with our Jeeps. Our shocks are valved to fit our springs but we used the factory Rubicon shock as a base line to begin with so the fact that a Rubicon rides very well with a TeraFlex 2-1/2 spring kit with adapters is no surprise.
In my opinion if you planned to move up to a TeraFlex 3" or 4" kit in the future long or short arm, I would buy the 2-1/2" kit with the TeraFlex shocks because the shocks are the same in all three kits. It could save you from replacing the shocks later. If you’re going to run the 2-1/2 kit only then I would just get the adapters. If you ever destroy a factory Rubicon shock you can contact Joe and get a new take off cheap. We usually have some available. If your shocks are the “Blue” ones then they are the mono tube shocks and will do well with the adapters. If you have the black shocks then your shocks are light duty and you may consider getting the kit with the shocks.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

You mean "Red" ones right?
Old 07-26-2008, 03:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mssbbmia
I work with Joe at TeraFlex and noticed your thread here. I just put a 2-1/2" kit on my new 4dr Rubicon and I chose the adapters. The Rubicon shocks are a high quality shock and would compare with any mono tube aftermarket shock out there. I think the ride is great and I have run all the lifts TeraFlex makes.
Thanks for the insights. Good info. By the way, was that your Silver 4dr Rubi that Joe took pics of during the 2.5" coil kit installation?

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 07-26-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mssbbmia
At TeraFlex we test the springs ourselves and try various rates until we find the one WE LIKE the best for what we do with our Jeeps. Our shocks are valved to fit our springs but we used the factory Rubicon shock as a base line to begin with so the fact that a Rubicon rides very well with a TeraFlex 2-1/2 spring kit with adapters is no surprise.
Hey thanks for the straight up reply. That is good info. After reviewing the thread, I like the fact this kit addresses the front rake too.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:05 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry I'm a little late to respond on these last questions. Took off to Yellowstone last weekend.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TeraFlex

The 2.5” lift kit is an ultra simple lift kit designed for the serious no-frills four wheeling reminiscent of the old days. Build up the legend and go for a drive!The 2.5” of lift is the perfect amount to allow you to run a 35” tire, and give the
maximum wheel travel and articulation. Perfect for all daily driven Wranglers.
The kit is available in three configurations for your desired performance level.
The basic lift includes all of the essential items needed (some form of shock modification will be required- either adapters or new longer shocks). The kit with adapters will allow you to utilize the factory shock absorbers, and the third configuration includes TeraFlex VSS 9550 shock absorbers to fine tune the suspension movements of the lifted vehicle. Pick your version, bolt it on, and get on the trail! This kit will allow you to run up to a 35” tire (aftermarket wheels with 4.5” backspacing or less are required). Fits all JK Wranglers including Rubicon and Unlimited.

Springs will raise front 3" and rear 2.1"
#1351000 no shock or extensions
#1352000 shock adapters
#1251000 TeraFlex Shocks

2.5" Coils Springs $192.99 Retail price per set
#1853102 Front #1854102 Rear

Support your favorite vendor!!

can you p.m. a quote with shipping to 44662 , on the kit with shocks , like the bottom kit
Old 08-05-2008, 02:54 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jeepdaddy
can you p.m. a quote with shipping to 44662 , on the kit with shocks , like the bottom kit
Looks like $559 from Northridge...free shipping.
http://northridge4x4.com/proddetail.php?prod=TF-1251000
Old 08-06-2008, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ordered my lift with shocks from David at Northridge, it was here in a week! Everything is as said on previous post, packed really cool and looks great! I am planning on Sunday August 17th for installation(have to work this weekend). I also ordered my gears, 488's, and was very surprised when they showed up at the same time as the lift! I really saved big on shipping with Northridge!! Thanks again David!

Quick Reply: TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift Kits and Coils