Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift Kits and Coils

Old 08-15-2008, 09:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Ooohh . . . yes, please do!!
Here's the link.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:05 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by joe002
Here's the link.
Thanks Joe!!
Old 08-23-2008, 07:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Joe- I just want to confirm that there was no need for adjustable track bars on that silver one, and the steering and ride are straight as an arrow with no flighty steering issues??
Old 08-23-2008, 07:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bofer84
Perfect setup that i was looking for. Love the skinny tall tire look how much is this kit??
Those tires are Radial TSl's, but they aren't listed on the Interco Site Where the heck did you guys get 35x10.5x17 radial tsl's from? I WANT SOME!
Old 08-25-2008, 09:23 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by njjeepthing
Joe- I just want to confirm that there was no need for adjustable track bars on that silver one, and the steering and ride are straight as an arrow with no flighty steering issues??
Correct. You do not need a front adjustable trackbar with these kits. We've found that with loosening the control bolts when doing the install that helps with avoid the flighty steering.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Correct. You do not need a front adjustable trackbar with these kits. We've found that with loosening the control bolts when doing the install that helps with avoid the flighty steering.
I just installed this lift this weekend and did not loosen the control arm bolts during the install and now I am having some problems with flighty steering and even experienced some D wobble (don't want to even say that bad word) after going over a set of railroad tracks...

What can I do to fix my issues? Please help!

Last edited by RubiRedJK; 08-25-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RubiRedJK
I just installed this lift this weekend and did not loosen the control arm bolts during the install and now I am having some problems with flighty steering and even experienced some D wobble (don't want to even say that bad word) after going over a set of railroad tracks...

What can I do to fix my issues? Please help!
Did you use a torque wrench to torque down the trac bars bolts?

I was driving mine yesterday on the freeway with high crosswinds and I felt it more now than stock, but I believe that’s just from the higher center of gravity.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joe002
Did you use a torque wrench to torque down the trac bars bolts?
Yes I did use a torque wrench on the TB bolts but I will double check tonight. Do you think I should do anything to the control arm bolts now that the lift is already on?
Old 08-25-2008, 11:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RubiRedJK
Yes I did use a torque wrench on the TB bolts but I will double check tonight. Do you think I should do anything to the control arm bolts now that the lift is already on?
I didn’t personally touch the control arm bolts and I didn’t get any binding (that I have noticed). The FSM typically states that you should torque all suspension bolts with the weight of the vehicle on the bolt, so while I torqued my trac bar bolts with the wheel off, I had the vehicle supported with a jack on the axle (not the frame).

So far I’ve driven it up to 85 mph on the freeway and over railroad tracks (one set off a divided highway at 65 mph) and haven’t had any sign of the “DW”. From what I’ve read here, most of the time the problem is solved with the proper torquing of the trac bar bolts.

The FSM also has torque setting the sway bar links and shock absorbers. I don’t know if mis-torquing these bolts would case the “DW’ or flightyness.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Maybe once I get the steering stabilizer back on it will help...

Quick Reply: TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift Kits and Coils