Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Preorder Time! Teraflex Front Big Brake Kit!

Old 02-13-2011, 10:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pads are there. Joe is keeping me updated, so that is great. I guess their guys where over at KOH this week, so I am hoping they check out my set and find out what is up sometime this week.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:33 PM
JK Junkie

I've read a few negative comments on this kit in this thread ...since that time are there any JK owners pleased with the Big Brake Kit and have all the kinks been worked out of the kit ? Looking to pull the trigger on this product but would like to see some positive feedback first
Old 06-05-2011, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

This thread is long over due for an update.. Teraflex?
Old 06-05-2011, 04:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HG07JKRubi
I've read a few negative comments on this kit in this thread ...since that time are there any JK owners pleased with the Big Brake Kit and have all the kinks been worked out of the kit ? Looking to pull the trigger on this product but would like to see some positive feedback first
I was one who had some of the negative comments, I'm sure you read that...
So...here is my final take on the whole deal.

The bad set I had, was a weird thing, I'll just count that off as my dumb luck. The driver's side caliper was leaking inside is what I think. However, the guys at Teraflex, especially Joe, were phenomenal at taking care of me. They replaced the set, and I am very happy with it. I have an extremely heavy JK, and the big brake kit has made a huge difference. For the price, and because the TF customer service has been great with me (speed bumps and big brake kit) and a few of my buddies (bushings on lift kits), I'd say it's money very well spent.

IMHO, i'd say go for it, it's worth the $$. I have had them on for about 5k miles now, and some good off road trips, I am very happy with them. Previously, I couldn't stop my JK from rolling down huge inclines, especially when rock crawling, now I can with the BB kit. I personally haven't had any rattling on the kit.

I am eagerly waiting for a rear kit!! Hint hint TF guys, come one!

Previously, I didn't really like Teraflex, but they have done some great things with the company, and I am happy to have their products on my JK now. Great work TF guys! Thanks for taking the comments from us guys, and doing something positive with them! Keep up the great work!

Last edited by JKProfessor; 06-05-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HG07JKRubi
We installed them on PK's JK in April..... rolling on 42's the stock brakes were pretty much working overtime all the time. After installing Teraflex's Big Brake kit as well as their Brake Booster we've noticed we're not having to mash the brakes to the floor anymore to stop.

I would like to think that rolling on 42's (both on and off road) and the overall heavy weight of PK's JK has put the Teraflex Big Brake kit to the test..... and it's passed with flying colors.

We've already picked up another Big Brake kit to install on my JK as well.

Last edited by UGOTKERN; 06-06-2011 at 04:10 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:14 AM
JK Junkie

In regards to adding the Teraflex HD master Cylnder how come it's not necessary on 2009's and 2010's? I'm just curious why the product description specifically states that it's highly recommended for 2007/2008's and 2011's?
Old 06-06-2011, 06:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fadeout
In regards to adding the Teraflex HD master Cylnder how come it's not necessary on 2009's and 2010's? I'm just curious why the product description specifically states that it's highly recommended for 2007/2008's and 2011's?
My understanding is that on certain year JK's the OEM master cylinders are bored out to a smaller spec..... which can cause a "soft pedal" when installing the Big Brake kit.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:52 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully in a few days we will release the install video for these kits that will show some before and after comparisons.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fadeout
Originally Posted by UGOTKERN
My understanding is that on certain year JK's the OEM master cylinders are bored out to a smaller spec..... which can cause a "soft pedal" when installing the Big Brake kit.
You have anything to add to that or is that accurate enough?
Old 06-15-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Hopefully in a few days we will release the install video for these kits that will show some before and after comparisons.
Originally Posted by CGnTtown

You have anything to add to that or is that accurate enough?
That be would be cool.

Quick Reply: Preorder Time! Teraflex Front Big Brake Kit!