Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Preorder Time! Teraflex Front Big Brake Kit!

Old 08-09-2010, 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why?

Why would you want bigger brakes? Are there some advantages they have over the stock ones?

Last edited by foxtrot_zulu3; 08-09-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

can't wait.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Interesting option. After seeing this thread the wheel are starting to turn a bit. I recently change the front pads and rotors on my wifes 2007 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 (3.7L V6 Base Model Grand Cherokee decked out with every stupid option available in 2007 including the POS navigation that jeep offered prior to mygig)

Anyway back to my original point, if I had to guess I would think that her Grand Cherokee uses the same front axle as my 08 Sahara U but when I did her brakes (two weeks after I changed mine) I was shocked to see that she had a much beefier set up. I definetly saw some Mercedes Benz influence they were larger rotors, with really nice german dual piston calipers. I'm wondering if that would bolt up? Considering her lease is over in a couple of months, I certainly wouldn't have a problem trading front brake setups with her GC before it goes back to the dealer obviously provided it is an upgrade. I'm gonna look further into this

Originally Posted by quadratec
Get your preorder's in now! These should be in stock by March 2010:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12700_4200.htm

Old 08-10-2010, 06:06 AM
JK Freak

Does anyone know if they are even going to sell these at this point. I PM'ed TF...started a thread with no answers. JUst curious.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by foxtrot_zulu3
Why would you want bigger brakes? Are there some advantages they have over the stock ones?
As you increase your rolling mass, a larger braking surface can help.

All I know is that ANOTHER $500 add on is low on my priority list.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:46 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by voodoojk
Does anyone know if they are even going to sell these at this point. I PM'ed TF...started a thread with no answers. JUst curious.
Sorry I missed that thread here. Yes these are slowly slowly going out right now. The first kits went last week, more will go possibly friday and more next week.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

Question Tech question

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Sorry I missed that thread here. Yes these are slowly slowly going out right now. The first kits went last week, more will go possibly friday and more next week.
I want to isntall this big brake setup in my JKU, but I have a big doubt I need to clear out BEFORE buying anything. I have a manual hub conversion and if I turn the rotors to grow the center bore, I will "hit" the 5x5" lug perforations. in my understanding this will weaken the rotor. Is there a way to get the rotors with only the 5x5.5" lug perforations and the large center bore? if not, what do you suggest?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeepeando 078a..jpg
Views:	112
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	81091  
Old 08-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by JK in MX
I want to isntall this big brake setup in my JKU, but I have a big doubt I need to clear out BEFORE buying anything. I have a manual hub conversion and if I turn the rotors to grow the center bore, I will "hit" the 5x5" lug perforations. in my understanding this will weaken the rotor. Is there a way to get the rotors with only the 5x5.5" lug perforations and the large center bore? if not, what do you suggest?
At this time there is no plans for brakes with a larger center hole.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:12 AM
JK Super Freak

definitely need to make rear brakes. had to replace mine at 27K rotors too.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by KY.
definitely need to make rear brakes. had to replace mine at 27K rotors too.

Quick Reply: Preorder Time! Teraflex Front Big Brake Kit!