Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

NEW!! TeraFlex JK Leveling Kit!! $129.99

Old 11-18-2011, 10:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaisoboy
I was thinking of getting this kit as well. I have one question that no one seems to of thought of. My 2011 does not have the e-disco and was wondering if anyone has also run the "Teraflex JK Wrangler 0 - 3" lift front sway-bar disconnects (7153010)" with this setup?

Just thought of something else. If you have to adjust the headlights do you also need to adjust the fogs as well? I use my fogs on a daily basis in the winter months up around Grande Prairie Alberta. It can get pretty fogged in there. (I've seen the write up on adjusting the heads)

Cheers
I used those on my 08 right now I'm using the JKS. I liked the TeraFlex better because they come with docking hardware and the JKS don't,but I feel the JKS build quality is better.

I would imagine they would need to be adjusted to.I never used mine so I never bothered doing it.

j

Last edited by Rhino64; 11-18-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rhino64
I used those on my 08 right now I'm using the JKS. I liked the TeraFlex better because they come with docking hardware and the JKS don't,but I feel the JKS build quality is better.
I would have to agree with you the JKS do look beefy compared to the Teras but I do like the docking feature of the Teras. Are they worth it though. I don't suspect that I will be doing any serious rock crawling or anything. I just wanted them just in case I may need it. Yah never know when a guy may need to climb a rock or two and need a bit more articulation out of that front end. I have the rocky mountains practically in my back yard to the west so you never know. lol

Cheers
Old 11-18-2011, 10:34 AM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=Kaisoboy;2666102]I would have to agree with you the JKS do look beefy compared to the Teras but I do like the docking feature of the Teras. Are they worth it though. I don't suspect that I will be doing any serious rock crawling or anything. I just wanted them just in case I may need it. Yah never know when a guy may need to climb a rock or two and need a bit more articulation out of that front end. I have the rocky mountains practically in my back yard to the west so you never know. lol

If I was to buy again it would be TeraFlex because of that feature. I always disconnect when off road and on the road the TeraFlex always seemed fine.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Rhino64;2666114]
I would have to agree with you the JKS do look beefy compared to the Teras but I do like the docking feature of the Teras. Are they worth it though. I don't suspect that I will be doing any serious rock crawling or anything. I just wanted them just in case I may need it. Yah never know when a guy may need to climb a rock or two and need a bit more articulation out of that front end. I have the rocky mountains practically in my back yard to the west so you never know. lol

If I was to buy again it would be TeraFlex because of that feature. I always disconnect when off road and on the road the TeraFlex always seemed fine.
Thanks, I think I'll get them. I allready have a lengthy xmas list so I put these on the bday list for June...

Cheers
Old 11-18-2011, 12:24 PM
JK Freak

Cheers
I have the kit with Rubi springs on my JKU X and love it. I picked up 3 inches in the front and two in the rear.

I thought about doing a quick disco kit, but came across some unused secondhand Curry Adjustable swaybar links with heim joints for $25 (regular $85). I had to cut each end of the threaded link down by 3/4 inch to get to the right length.

The heim joint is amazing, I will happily get down and unbolt the swaybar link for the benefits of not having to deal with wearing out the rubber bushings.

Looks cool too

Last edited by Notakar; 11-18-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

Location: Richmond, VA for college. Folly Beach, SC for home.
Default teraflex leveling kit

is there a forum discount price?? I'm very interested
Old 11-20-2011, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKU
WTF!?!? IS SOMETHING seriously wrong with that 2nd picture of the green JK?! Or am I drunk? AGAIN....

def different vehicle right hand drive????

Last edited by loki0175; 11-20-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by loki0175
def different vehicle right hand drive????

nvrmnd I'm an idiot should have read a few more posts 1st
Old 11-21-2011, 02:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Notakar
I have the kit with Rubi springs on my JKU X and love it. I picked up 3 inches in the front and two in the rear.

I thought about doing a quick disco kit, but came across some unused secondhand Curry Adjustable sway bar links with heim joints for $25 (regular $85). I had to cut each end of the threaded link down by 3/4 inch to get to the right length.

The heim joint is amazing, I will happily get down and unbolt the sway-bar link for the benefits of not having to deal with wearing out the rubber bushings.

Looks cool too
I did that with the stock sway-bar lengths on my TJ then when I lifted it I bought a set of TeraFlex quick disconnects some of the best money I spent. It took lest time to disconnect and re-connect than it did to get the tools as far as the bushings go,if you disconnect when you go off road they'll last for years and if they do go bad $12 bucks will replace them.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 5aunders
is there a forum discount price?? I'm very interested
Check with the TeraFlex dealers here for a deal on this kit.

Quick Reply: NEW!! TeraFlex JK Leveling Kit!! $129.99