Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

New Goodyear MTR with Kevlar

Old 04-28-2011, 12:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good news! Just heard from a Goodyear customer service rep that started production of the MTRs on Monday and they should be expected 3-5 weeks. Just put in my order today
Old 04-28-2011, 12:38 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by racin444
Good news! Just heard from a Goodyear customer service rep that started production of the MTRs on Monday and they should be expected 3-5 weeks. Just put in my order today
Dont hold your breath. Ive been told this 2 or 3 times over the last couple months.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:35 PM
JK Freak

it looks like going up a size in tire will take some serious planning at the rate they are putting these puppies out. it would suck to need tires now and have to spend $1500 on something that wasnt your first choice
Old 04-28-2011, 11:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kntr
Dont hold your breath. Ive been told this 2 or 3 times over the last couple months.
Youve been told they started up production the day before you called? Weird that the lady on the phone had no idea until she looked it up.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:43 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by racin444
Youve been told they started up production the day before you called? Weird that the lady on the phone had no idea until she looked it up.
Yep, I was told the exact same thing by a lady... the exact same thing by BFG and Goodyear. I called yesterday again and they told me they are being made as we speak. They tell you what you want to hear. Ive been waiting on these tires for over 2 months and calling weekly... yes, every Monday for the last 8 or 9 Mondays and getting the same story. I have emails that say the same thing, too. My Jeep is up on blocks and I have no wheels and tires so I need them ASAP.

I did find 2 places that got them instock yesterday though. Im waiting on a call back to see how many they have left after the fill their prepaid orders.
There are over 1500 on backorder still, which is over $ 1/2 million retail.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:49 AM
JK Freak

Yep, I was told the exact same thing by a lady... the exact same thing by BFG and Goodyear. I called yesterday again and they told me they are being made as we speak. They tell you what you want to hear. Ive been waiting on these tires for over 2 months and calling weekly... yes, every Monday for the last 8 or 9 Mondays and getting the same story. I have emails that say the same thing, too. My Jeep is up on blocks and I have no wheels and tires so I need them ASAP.

I did find 2 places that got them instock yesterday though. Im waiting on a call back to see how many they have left after the fill their prepaid orders.
Wow man sorry to hear your Jeeps on blocks... Why these tire manufactures cant even try to keep up with demand is beyond me... Well thank god Im going to buy some roller 37s for $100 today just to get me by. I do not wanna drive 5.13s with these stock rubi tires. Hopefully you can get a set ASAP since you actually need them to drive the Jeep.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Epic fail Goodyear and BFG, epic fail!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Care to share your sources?
Old 05-05-2011, 06:38 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by scononie
Care to share your sources?
Not yet.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:57 AM
JK Junkie

I can't believe that these are that far back on orders. It's insane. I waited about a month when I got mine last year and was toying with the idea of going to 37's but at this rate think I'll just hold off for now.

Quick Reply: New Goodyear MTR with Kevlar