Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

New Goodyear MTR with Kevlar

Old 03-09-2011, 06:44 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Yes, I am a wheel and tire guy but I'm not here to just take your money. Other wheel and tire retailers may tell you anything just to sell you something. We have more integrity that that. Its my job to make good recommendation based on Discount Tire's 50+ years of experience so that you will get the most our of your wheels and tires, and you'll do so safely.

Originally Posted by CGnTtown
Wow, that's disappointing to hear but thanks for the info. Out of curiosity why are spacers not recommended? I know that their is a member here running these same tires and wheels I mentioned. I am not sure if he is running a spacer or not though and I know he loves them and is not having any issues with them. Also what is the max width of tire you would recommend for this wheel? I am currently running the KM2's 37x12.50x17 and I have noticed where the tires are rubbing on the lower control arms by the shiny area on them but there is no harm being done. I really like these tires but I want something a little taller and a little wider. You have any recommendations for me? I know for a fact I want to keep my rims the same. I am also running the AEV 4.5" lift and have ample clearance for larger tires but I want to have some room for plenty of wheel travel. Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my questions!

We don't recommend the use of spacers as our company sees them as unsafe. Ultimately, its your Jeep so you will need to make that choice.

As for widest and tallest tire for your current wheels, by the sounds of it, you have it. (and they may actually be too wide if they are rubbing) Any wider and you'll rub your lower control arms more. Tire manufacturers post max recommended rim widths on their websites. They are usually listed on the tires "Sizes and Specs" pages. ex: http://www.nittotire.com/index.html#...grappler.sizes
Old 03-09-2011, 12:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Discount Tire,
Once you get the MTR and KM2 back in stock, you need to post a pic of the KM2 35 and 37 and MTR 35 and 37 all sitting next to each other, so we can get an idea on sizing.

A pic of all 4 tires next to each other would be AWESOME.
PLEASE!!

Last edited by kntr; 03-09-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kntr
Hey Discount Tire,
Once you get the MTR and KM2 back in stock, you need to post a pic of the KM2 35 and 37 and MTR 35 and 37 all sitting next to each other, so we can get an idea on sizing.

A pick of all 4 tires next to each other would be AWESOME.
PLEASE!!
x2!!!

yes please.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CGnTtown
Wow, that's disappointing to hear but thanks for the info. Out of curiosity why are spacers not recommended? I know that their is a member here running these same tires and wheels I mentioned. I am not sure if he is running a spacer or not though and I know he loves them and is not having any issues with them. Also what is the max width of tire you would recommend for this wheel? I am currently running the KM2's 37x12.50x17 and I have noticed where the tires are rubbing on the lower control arms by the shiny area on them but there is no harm being done. I really like these tires but I want something a little taller and a little wider. You have any recommendations for me? I know for a fact I want to keep my rims the same. I am also running the AEV 4.5" lift and have ample clearance for larger tires but I want to have some room for plenty of wheel travel. Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer my questions!
He's running AEV Pintler Beadlocks, so 4.7" backspacing with +10mm offset and Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers. No problems.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Hey Discount Tire,

A pic of all 4 tires next to each other would be AWESOME.
PLEASE!!
Originally Posted by m(a)ce
x2!!!

yes please.
Once they are all in stock, I may be able to make that happen .
Old 03-09-2011, 02:46 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct
I will be making my order as soon as I see this pic.

Have you gotten a ETA from Goodyear or BFG?
Old 03-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

I will be making my order as soon as I see this pic.

Have you gotten a ETA from Goodyear or BFG?
Not yet but it does looks like we have placed some additional orders to try to speed the process up.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct
Do you think the BFG and GY will be out at about the same time?
Old 03-09-2011, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can i get a price for 4 35/12.50/18 MTRK to the Houston area?
Old 03-10-2011, 05:58 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Do you think the BFG and GY will be out at about the same time?
They come from two different manufacturing plants with their own schedules. There's no way for me to tell.

Originally Posted by Coolcostie
Can i get a price for 4 35/12.50/18 MTRK to the Houston area?
Goodyear does not build a 35x12.50R18 in the MTR with Kevlar. The closest thing to it is the 285/75R18 (35x11.3 according to Goodyear)

Here's a link. Shipping is FREE to the lower 48 states and Canada. Call in your order of 5 tires and we'll give you $50.00 off your total instantly :
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...+MT%2FR+Kevlar

Quick Reply: New Goodyear MTR with Kevlar