Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

New Goodyear MTR with Kevlar

Old 08-27-2009, 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt see it so I thought I would ask, how does it work for the Phoenix guys? We just have to pay tax, no shipping and we get our discount? Does it go through the store or you?
Thank you
Old 08-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by halinSS
I didnt see it so I thought I would ask, how does it work for the Phoenix guys? We just have to pay tax, no shipping and we get our discount? Does it go through the store or you?
Thank you
Thanks for the post and welcome to the boards

The $50.00 off JK member discount for purcahsing 5 tires is a Discount Tire Direct (mail order) promotion. If you purchase from us, we will ship the tires right to your front door. Since we distribute out of AZ you will pay sales tax but the shipping is free.

Our local stores are pretty good about matching online delivered prices and maybe able to honor the JK member discount. This is not a guarantee so I recommend contacting your closest store to see what they can do for you.

If you need further assistance please let us know.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:21 PM
JK Newbie

That was speedy! Thank you I will let you know what my local store says.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is the 305/70/17 still avaliable with only white letters? I'd love a black sidewall, I just can't figure out why Goodyear went all 1980's with those RWL tires...
Old 08-29-2009, 05:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scooter Scott
Can't you just flip the tires? That's what I did.
For lack of better terminology flipping the tire would move the AT pattern to the outboard side. I don't know if it would have any effect on performance on or off road, but they are designed to be mounted with a specific side out (and are labeled that way).
Old 08-29-2009, 06:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scooter Scott
So what do you do when you rotate the tires? Do you have to have the tire broken down and taken off the wheel then remounted?
no, there is an outside to the tire, it is always on the outside of the rim, no matter where it is on the Jeep.
they are not directional, just asymmetrical
look at the pic, the tighter (AT) pattern should be to the inside of the rim, and will stay to the inside no matter what side of the Jeep it is mounted on
Old 09-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Foo
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct
Thanks for the post and welcome to the boards

The $50.00 off JK member discount for purcahsing 5 tires is a Discount Tire Direct (mail order) promotion. If you purchase from us, we will ship the tires right to your front door. Since we distribute out of AZ you will pay sales tax but the shipping is free.

Our local stores are pretty good about matching online delivered prices and maybe able to honor the JK member discount. This is not a guarantee so I recommend contacting your closest store to see what they can do for you.

If you need further assistance please let us know.
Awwww. I Love DC, I hope the local Phoenix DC will match the deal (99th & McDowell). Hey maybe I can have them shipped to MT, then take them back to AZ in the back.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ordered 305/70/17's 2 days ago through Discount Tire Direct and 4 of them are already here!

I talked to an excellent, knowledgeable sales rep (refreshing this day and age) who was actually running 37" MTR's on his truck and had nothing but good things to say about them. I'm looking forward to getting them on the Jeep next week.

Thanks to DtD for being on this site, I'm not sure I could have gotten as good a deal anywhere else.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

I really wish the 37's weren't backordered! I'm ready to buy them.....
Old 09-09-2009, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love the way my 40's work, but...........

I cut a MTR Kevlar 40 running this trail. Cut sidewall through in 2 places. I've heard of others. The sidewall flexes nicely, but seems to cut easily. Anybody else here had the same issue?

Quick Reply: New Goodyear MTR with Kevlar