Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

MBRP Grill Guard/Light Bar

Old 03-15-2009, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The filler cuts easy with the saw from a Leatherman. Smooth out the cuts with the blade and you are all set. It took me about 20 minutes to do each side while watching TV. Good luck.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

thanks linux, looking forward to receiving mine. I ordered 6" Hella 500ff's to accompany the bar. Will post pics once the install is finished.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by vanheylin
thanks linux, looking forward to receiving mine. I ordered 6" Hella 500ff's to accompany the bar. Will post pics once the install is finished.
install the bar and lights at the same time. i installed the bar first because i didn't have my lights and then had to remove it to feed the wiring. you could probably feed the wiring with the bar on but it would be a royal PITA.

just a heads up!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks I will take your advice...waiting is the hardest part.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it is.... I've been waiting for mine to be shipped with my exaust!!! its like waiting for xmas...... I to was gonna put on the bar than get my lights on after, guess i'll be bying my lights sooner than I thought... P.S. never tell the Girlfriend/Wife how much things cost...... I hope it gets sent today!!! thanks for the advice Hbomb
Old 03-16-2009, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the heads up on the lights. I have my lights and bar but waiting on my bumper to do the install all at once. I hope it looks good, When i bought the bar I wasn't planning on getting a new bumper.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:04 PM
JK Freak

has anyone else considered the fact that you will have to take the bar off to change a burned out headlight bulb or upgrade it

that's a bit of a drag in itself but besides that; i don't know about anyone else; the connectors for the kc's are inside the tube itself and i have very little play in the passenger side light harness wire as far as length goes.

that will mean i will have to disconnect the harness from the relay, the black ground wire and the yellow and white wire to the battery and pull the entire harness towards the front of the jeep to give me enough slack to allow me to get enough separation of the bar and lights from the grill to get the grill off to change the bulb

not to mention having to dick around with the green and white wire going the other way to the switch that is stuffed inside the wiring loom.....it's pretty much doing the entire install all over again.

you follow

shit!! i hope those headlights have long lasting bulbs in them
Old 03-16-2009, 12:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cvjoint
Thats to much work H bomb the way I wired up my slim lites was to just add more wire. I fed the wire through the bar first made my conections to my lights. Put shrink tube around the connections and that part stays inside the light bar. I made other connections underneath the lightbar (frame area) that I just tapped up real good and used some electric grease on the connections so it would not corrode. So if I need or want to take the bar off I just undo the connections underneath and remove for bolts and take off the light bar. Here is a pic of the shrink tube connections.

As for the headlight bulbs I do not even remove the grille. I remove the airbox and just move the power steering resivor out of the way. But the light bar would just remove with 4 bolts if I needed to take the grill off.
that makes sense. guess i should have done the same first time around but i suppose i can still add the additional connections now.

thanks for the info.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by gs2offroad
Are there more MBRP light bars in stock? I want to order one but don't want a backorder.
We are looking at having these back in stock ready to ship as early as March 25th. Let me know if you would like to place an order. We have been selling out as quickly as we can build these.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by vanheylin
why does it say, "No Drill", but for installation "cutting" the bumper filler with a dremel was necessary. I am somewhat confused about the installation of the bar.
The drilling referred to the actual mounting of the light bar. We used existing holes so there was no drilling required. The brackets them selves have to go through the existing plastic which does require cutting but it is very simple.

Sorry if that was not clear when you placed your order...

Quick Reply: MBRP Grill Guard/Light Bar