Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

MBRP Grill Guard/Light Bar

Old 01-26-2009, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Received my light/grill guard today.looks awesome,thanks Steve.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good looking stuff
ever consider selling just the hoop no hardware or finish so fabbers can by it?
I would cut the hoop off my mopar bumper and weld this one on in place.looks like it would actually protect the winch and i can have the hoop face out unlike the mopar bumper hoop that faces in. (silly design)
Old 01-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by WRAITHYJEEP
good looking stuff
ever consider selling just the hoop no hardware or finish so fabbers can by it?
I would cut the hoop off my mopar bumper and weld this one on in place.looks like it would actually protect the winch and i can have the hoop face out unlike the mopar bumper hoop that faces in. (silly design)
If you want just the hoop, we can do that for you. PM steve and he will get you a price, no worries.

MB
Old 01-29-2009, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anybody installed it yet? Let's see some pics.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

OK, I'll be the first. No instructions so i had to wrap my brain around it. I was worried about it being sturdy, but it turned out pretty good. I wouldn't try to push down any trees with it, but it's good for holding lights. BTW, you need a buddy to help you position it.

I cut out the last square in the bumper filler piece on both sides with a dremel and a fiber wheel so the bracket can go through . Worked great and doesn't affect the structure of the plastic. Still have some adjusting to do and wiring to clean up.

As for a little write-up here goes;
-First take off the turn signal cables and grill, remove POS plastic retainers on bumper filler and under fairing and remove - I had to drill the bumper filler plastic screws out
-Next install the angled powdercoated brackets on the inside of the bumper with the medium bolt and washers using the strip of metal as a nut - you use the existing holes - leave loose
-Cut out the last square in the bumper filler and reinstall, don't put plastic inserts in yet.
-Install the brackets on the bar with the cut side facing forward - brackets positioned to the inside of the bar - if installing lights do the wiring first.
-Put spring nuts on the bottom holes of the bar bracket.
-Drop the bar in place through the holes in the bumper filler and install small bolts with washers -
-Reinstall grill and tighten the bolts. Try to get the gap straight so the bar doesn't hit the grill.
-The large bolt on the underside of the bar will be hard to get to unless you have a set of large skinny wrenches.
You'll have to use you imagination since i didn't have the forsight to take pictures.

Last edited by New-B; 02-01-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:42 AM
JK Freak

steve.

installed the grill guard today and am as happy as a pig in shit!!!

great product. great quality and easy install.

pictures in the show and tell section.

many thanks.

by the way, i saw an mbrp ram truck in waterdown yesterday all done to the tits.

very cool!!!

Last edited by Hbomb; 02-01-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by New-B
OK, I'll be the first. No instructions so i had to wrap my brain around it. I was worried about it being sturdy, but it turned out pretty good. I wouldn't try to push down any trees with it, but it's good for holding lights. BTW, you need a buddy to help you position it.

I cut out the last square in the bumper filler piece on both sides with a dremel and a fiber wheel so the bracket can go through . Worked great and doesn't affect the structure of the plastic. Still have some adjusting to do and wiring to clean up.

As for a little write-up here goes;
-First take off the turn signal cables and grill, remove POS plastic retainers on bumper filler and under fairing and remove - I had to drill the bumper filler plastic screws out
-Next install the angled powdercoated brackets on the inside of the bumper with the medium bolt and washers using the strip of metal as a nut - you use the existing holes - leave loose
-Cut out the last square in the bumper filler and reinstall, don't put plastic inserts in yet.
-Install the brackets on the bar with the cut side facing forward - brackets positioned to the inside of the bar - if installing lights do the wiring first.
-Put spring nuts on the bottom holes of the bar bracket.
-Drop the bar in place through the holes in the bumper filler and install small bolts with washers -
-Reinstall grill and tighten the bolts. Try to get the gap straight so the bar doesn't hit the grill.
-The large bolt on the underside of the bar will be hard to get to unless you have a set of large skinny wrenches.
You'll have to use you imagination since i didn't have the forsight to take pictures.
looks good brother! i see you adjusted the bar...i like the lights. what size are they?? by the way, kudos to you for installing without instructions;i'd still be scratching my balls trying to figure that one out!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

They look great guys. Can't wait until mine arrives. Sweet!
Old 02-03-2009, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks HBomb and linux for the comments, the lights are lightforce 170's and measure about 6.75". I'm very happy with the way the bar turned out. Thanks Steve for the awesome product and the even better price.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Hi Steve

I ordered from you in late December/Early January. I just wanted to check in to see if you had a timeframe. Thanks

Quick Reply: MBRP Grill Guard/Light Bar