Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

MBRP Bumper Pricing - Forum Special

Old 01-12-2010, 09:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Steve, Wanted to say thanks for your help today. I've been on the fence for a while as to what bumper to buy and now I can't wait till my new MBRP bumper gets here with all the other goodies. Thanks again!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by HAOLE
I want to see this mounted with a winch:
Here is a few pics of the stubby with the winch mounted...

Old 01-13-2010, 08:12 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by Fathom
I would guess by your post that they passed.

Not relevant to this thread but Steve the dyno test today revealed an anemic 120 rwhp on stock (87) tune and 127 rwhp with a 93 performance tune. I think I will get a long rubber hose and blow into it to increase hp. Couldn't hurt!
Bumpers passed with flying colors... Pics going up right now... 120RWHP is not bad at all! There are many variables and every Dyno is different but those aren't bad numbers for RWHP.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by GULF COAST PIRATE
Steve, Wanted to say thanks for your help today. I've been on the fence for a while as to what bumper to buy and now I can't wait till my new MBRP bumper gets here with all the other goodies. Thanks again!
My pleasure! Just got word that your bumper and flares will be shipping out Friday, and will be at your place mid next week. Truck freight is quicker than I thought! You will be able to get everything installed in time for next weekend!
Old 01-13-2010, 09:07 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

During testing the front face of the bumper was watched for any signs of flex or bowing. Once the winch stalled out the load was released and reapplied to help reveal any movement either by flex of the steel bumper or movement of any bolted connections. There was no movement at all.

The front bumpers are constructed of 3/16” laser cut steel plate and CNC formed before being jig assembled, fully welded and finished. The winch tray is welded to 3 faces on the bumper to help flange the bumper assembly. Additional frame brackets are used to cross bolt the bumper assembly to the frame. All mounting hardware is ½” grade 5, and attaches to the frame at 18 points.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MBRP Tech 1
During testing the front face of the bumper was watched for any signs of flex or bowing. Once the winch stalled out the load was released and reapplied to help reveal any movement either by flex of the steel bumper or movement of any bolted connections. There was no movement at all.

The front bumpers are constructed of 3/16” laser cut steel plate and CNC formed before being jig assembled, fully welded and finished. The winch tray is welded to 3 faces on the bumper to help flange the bumper assembly. Additional frame brackets are used to cross bolt the bumper assembly to the frame. All mounting hardware is ½” grade 5, and attaches to the frame at 18 points.

That is just too kewl!!!!

(was gonna say SPROOOOOOONG!!!!!)

Thanks Steve
Old 01-13-2010, 12:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MBRP Tech 1
Bumpers passed with flying colors... Pics going up right now... 120RWHP is not bad at all! There are many variables and every Dyno is different but those aren't bad numbers for RWHP.
I do think the guys on the dyno were pretty easy on my jeep. Smelled a little clutch and rubber at different times. Hi RPM cuttoff was at 4K so she had a little left in her. I would have hoped for 127rwhp on the stock tune. Did you ever dyno the 2 door? (Hope this isn't seen as highjacking the thread)

Oh and by the way the stubby looks really really good.
All it needs are some removable wings!

Last edited by Fathom; 01-13-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:10 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by Fathom
I do think the guys on the dyno were pretty easy on my jeep. Smelled a little clutch and rubber at different times. Hi RPM cuttoff was at 4K so she had a little left in her. I would have hoped for 127rwhp on the stock tune. Did you ever dyno the 2 door? (Hope this isn't seen as highjacking the thread)

Oh and by the way the stubby looks really really good.
All it needs are some removable wings!
Hard to say on the dyno operators...Everyone is a little different, hence the variance. I just sent you an email. Let me know when you get it.

Steve
Old 01-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

First orders will begin shipping Monday! We will be building more winch bumpers second run and should be able to put some in stock depending on how many orders we get. Thanks to the guys who have already placed an orders!
Old 01-15-2010, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Question

MBRP,

Are you planning to build a stubby rear? Front stubby w/ winch/hoop looks great!

Regards,

jeeperaf

Quick Reply: MBRP Bumper Pricing - Forum Special