Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

MBRP Bumper Pricing - Forum Special

Old 12-15-2009, 09:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MBRP Tech 1
Your opinion is appreciated, but the new design takes the e-disconnect into account. The bumper does cover the disconnect so that is one less thing you need to spend more money on. As far as the fog location, we moved them down to keep the winch location low.
The lights looked better on the sides instead of the center
Old 12-15-2009, 11:25 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by bOLsAK=3
The lights looked better on the sides instead of the center
The center does not require extensions, or cutting of your factory fog harnesses...It will also look better once its fully welded, and coated.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:42 AM
JK Newbie

I'm thinking about your original bumper without any changes, with the fog lights on the sides: this is my Italy opinion ...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1[1].jpg
Views:	93
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	34082  
Old 12-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by bagnatd
I'm thinking about your original bumper without any changes, with the fog lights on the sides: this is my Italy opinion ...
This bumper was a prototype...we asked what you guys preferred earlier in this thread and it was 50/50 where the lights should go. The design has been finalized with fogs in the center as shown in the latest pictures.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:27 PM
JK Newbie

can I buy the prototype?
Old 12-15-2009, 12:37 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by MBRP Tech 1
The center does not require extensions, or cutting of your factory fog harnesses...It will also look better once its fully welded, and coated.
You have a point, I should wait for any comment until I see the final product
Old 12-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by bagnatd
can I buy the prototype?
The prototype was built around our Bushwacker fender flares and is wider than the stock flares. If we decide to put a set of narrow fenders on it there may be a possibility of this bumper going up for sale. They will look virtually identical other than the fogs.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

I really like the direction ya'll are going with this new bumper. One question I have is, will auxillary lights only be able to be mounted to the grill guard? Some light manufacturers do not recommend mounting their lights upsidedown due to the placement of the vent holes on the lights. It would be nice to be able to mount a pair of lights to the bumper itself between the hoop.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by bkb415
I really like the direction ya'll are going with this new bumper. One question I have is, will auxillary lights only be able to be mounted to the grill guard? Some light manufacturers do not recommend mounting their lights upsidedown due to the placement of the vent holes on the lights. It would be nice to be able to mount a pair of lights to the bumper itself between the hoop.
Totally up to you...If this is the look/style you prefer, a simple 1/2" drill bit would probably make this possible. We have had no issues with mounting lights upside down, but I have heard about the manufacture warnings as well...
Old 12-17-2009, 02:13 PM
JK Freak

I know not all lights are created equal but PIAA's warn against mounting upside down but can easily be changed over so the light housing remains upright but the mount is now on top rather than on the bottom.

Quick Reply: MBRP Bumper Pricing - Forum Special