Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Liquid Metal Gatlin Wheels

Old 08-11-2008, 06:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How scratch resistent are the blacked out Gatlins ?
Old 08-11-2008, 07:03 AM
JK Junkie

For the "Wheel installation kit" IS there any way we can get black lucgs instead of chrome?

Also if we are just ordering rims do we get a forum discount?

Also whats the best width to get for the stock rubicon tires, but maybe thinking about going bigger (wider) down the road.

Last edited by dyolfknip; 08-11-2008 at 07:05 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by KJRubiconWannaBe
Not too much fun is the nice way of saying it.

No matter what, though, I've told the wife, as long as us and our 3 kids are together, we can make it through whatever life throws at us. It might take a bit to settle into a new lifestyle, but we'll survive.

I just hate not knowing what's in store.

Thanks for the kind wishes.

Originally Posted by Tony23
Will the Gatlin wheels work with TPMS?
Yes

Originally Posted by rjmcam
How scratch resistant are the blacked out Gatlins ?
The Gatlins have a Matte clear coat. It is not a powder coat so it can scratch. There is a clear powder coat out now if you would like to reinforce the finish. Call your local powder coater for information.

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
For the "Wheel installation kit" IS there any way we can get black lugs instead of chrome?

Also if we are just ordering rims do we get a forum discount?

Also whats the best width to get for the stock rubicon tires, but maybe thinking about going bigger (wider) down the road.
We currently only offer a discount on tires. If you buy 5 you get $50.00 off your total from Discount Tire Direct.

If you would like Black lugs, please tell your salesman. We have the Black Gorilla Lugs in stock.

These are only available in one width. 17x9 or 18x9. They are offered in two different offsets. If you plan on lifting your Jeep soon the -10mm offset would be best. Negative offsets will stick out beyond the fenders. If you are keeping your stock suspension or are running a mini lift with tires only slightly wider and taller than stock the +10mm offset would be best. Ask your saleman to double check your specific tire and application.

-Travis
Old 08-12-2008, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Travis,

My salesman Anthony, sucks!! JK!! How far will they stick out, -10, past the fenders on a JK w 4 inches of lift running a 315-70-17 Dynapro??

Anthony, I was just kiddin!! I don't wanna wear cement shoes!!
Old 08-12-2008, 12:58 PM
JK Super Freak

UPS tracking shows my 5 tires and rims are sitting in my driveway as a I write this....sucks that I am likely not to get these on until Thursday evening.

Wasn't planning on you guys being THAT fast Travis when I made plans for this week
Old 08-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

The -10mm offset on a 9" wide wheel will sit about 3.25" further than the stock wheels. This is in comparison to where the stock wheel sits, not to where the fender is. To figure out how far outside the fender it will sit measure from the face of the stock wheel, while it is on the vehicle, out 3.25" and that is where the -10mm 9" wide wheel will sit. (remember this does not take into account the tire). +10mm on a 9" wide wheel will sit out about 2.25" further than the stock wheels.

I estimate the +10 to stick out about 1/4", not counting the tire and the -10mm to stick out about 1 1/4" pasted the fenders.

Anthony has called his "Fellas" on you. kidding of course.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by Area-51
UPS tracking shows my 5 tires and rims are sitting in my driveway as a I write this....sucks that I am likely not to get these on until Thursday evening.

Wasn't planning on you guys being THAT fast Travis when I made plans for this week
LOL, I love hearing that we delivered early!!! I thought you guys liked getting your hands dirty. Bolt them on tonight!
Old 08-12-2008, 01:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct

We currently only offer a discount on tires. If you buy 5 you get $50.00 off your total from Discount Tire Direct.
Wait wait. so im getting new tires this week. I was planning on going down the street to the Discount Tire place. Do i still get my $50 off if i go there and dont order of the site??
Old 08-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by shadowpro-jk
Wait wait. so im getting new tires this week. I was planning on going down the street to the Discount Tire place. Do i still get my $50 off if i go there and dont order of the site??
The Discount is only offered though Discount Tire Direct. You can call the store and see if they will honor it. They may or may not, it is not a company wide offer.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct
LOL, I love hearing that we delivered early!!! I thought you guys liked getting your hands dirty. Bolt them on tonight!

working late tonight, and going to the State Fair tomorrow...leaving at 6 am...probably home after 11 pm....so it is gonna have to be Thursday at the earliest

I have unwrapped them...and at least put them up beside the Jeep as I came home for dinner....in chrome with the BFGs, they are a thing of beauty.

Matt had said I just need to call Gorilla for any extra keyed lug for the spare...but it looks like all of the lug nuts are keyed that I got....I got 20 of them...so I am guessing that Gorilla would sell me 3 more to mount the spare...correct?

Last edited by Area-51; 08-12-2008 at 03:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Liquid Metal Gatlin Wheels