Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Jeep JK Magnuson Supercharger - install and impressions

Old 10-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Heavyd17
Is it true that the Transmission Cooler needs to be relocated, with the installation of the Fin and tube cooler?
Actually - it's looking like the B&M we offer fits with the Magnuson intercooler. Will confirm with my JK. Did a test fit on a customer's JK here getting a Magnuson right now and it looks like it clears.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it true that the Transmission Cooler needs to be relocated, with the installation of the Fin and tube cooler?
No, the installation is pretty simple really. The tricky part is the wiring. I was told that they have a whole new ECU, but you lose cruise control with that.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricktrr
No, the installation is pretty simple really. The tricky part is the wiring. I was told that they have a whole new ECU, but you lose cruise control with that.
That isn't the Magnuson. You are thinking of the RIPP 2011 install where you put in a 2010 ECU.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Default trans cooler

Originally Posted by REBEL OFF ROAD
Actually - it's looking like the B&M we offer fits with the Magnuson intercooler. Will confirm with my JK. Did a test fit on a customer's JK here getting a Magnuson right now and it looks like it clears.
Sorry what does B&M stand for? So your saying the Tran Cooler doesn't need to be moved when you install the Supercharger intercooler? I have got to stop logging into this form, or I am going to be owning a new supercharger pretty soon.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry what does B&M stand for? So your saying the Tran Cooler doesn't need to be moved when you install the Supercharger intercooler? I have got to stop logging into this form, or I am going to be owning a new supercharger pretty soon.
"B&M" is an aftermarket transmission cooler.

I'm interested also if this fits with a factory transmission cooler, which I recently installed on my 2010 JK..

EDIT: In reviewing the installations instructions for this, it appears that a factory transmission cooler (now offered for sale for the JK) does not work with this installation, as the heat exchanger occupies the same place. But, it is also noted that the B&M cooler, offered by Rebel, may work.

Last edited by RodCyn; 10-20-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:21 AM
JK Newbie

Default Updates

Is there anymore updates or videos?
Old 11-06-2012, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

bump for an update :-)
Old 11-06-2012, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

B&M does fit I used the one out of the kit with the fan...removed the fan abd used the brackets to mount in front of the Magnuson Intercooler, I did stick some foam bumpers on each of the four flange head bolts you see on the B&M Tranny Cooler...

Old 11-06-2012, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

With the transcooler in front of you Air Intercooler, aren't you defeating the purpose of pushing the coldest air possible through the IC and cooling the intake air as much as possible? Also the IC will be sandwiched between to heat sources causing it to heat even more.

If you monitor your air intake temps I would really be curious to know what changes and or effect you are seeing.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:36 PM
JK Newbie

I am interested in doing something to help out my sick 3.8!

Quick Reply: Jeep JK Magnuson Supercharger - install and impressions