Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Jeep JK Magnuson Supercharger - install and impressions

Old 09-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Purchase has been made - we'll be removing the existing supercharger on my own JK and installing the Magnuson.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bump

Bump.............
Old 10-17-2012, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

Default Comparsion

How does this Magnuson Supercharger compare to the Sprintex set up? Are the increases about the same?
Old 10-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Heavyd17
How does this Magnuson Supercharger compare to the Sprintex set up? Are the increases about the same?
We have not seen or driven a Sprintex system to give you a fair comparison. We are completing a Magnuson supercharger right now on another 4 door with 37" tires and 5.38 gears. Going smoothly as always.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by REBEL OFF ROAD
Purchase has been made - we'll be removing the existing supercharger on my own JK and installing the Magnuson.
So what about your personal change? Impressions and or actual numbers?
Big questions, did this go on your 07?
Any issues or problems with check engine lights etc. like RIPP is having?
Low end Impressions vs. your previous SC?
Old 10-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dasbus
So what about your personal change? Impressions and or actual numbers?
Big questions, did this go on your 07?
Any issues or problems with check engine lights etc. like RIPP is having?
Low end Impressions vs. your previous SC?
Install is not complete on my JK. Between Off Road Expo and a new project we are launcing - as always - shop rigs always get wrenched on last :(
Old 10-17-2012, 02:31 PM
JK Newbie

Default RIPP works

I installed the RIPP on my 2011 JK unlimited, and wow, what a difference. I needed more power, and waiting around for Superchips empty promises about a tune for the 2011 got to be a little tedious. I've got about 800 miles on the unit, and it's great. I don't have any mileage info, because most of the use is off road.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ricktrr
I installed the RIPP on my 2011 JK unlimited, and wow, what a difference. I needed more power, and waiting around for Superchips empty promises about a tune for the 2011 got to be a little tedious. I've got about 800 miles on the unit, and it's great. I don't have any mileage info, because most of the use is off road.
Those of us with early 07's and the RIPP have had some problems. First was bad MAPP sensors that RIPP received, so we have new ones and a new program which has helped. But I get error codes on a regular basis and looks like this may be due to mfg issues or something to that effect at chrysler. I had surgery and could not attend the Off road show in pomona which I understand the RIPP guys attended, so a buddy talked to them for me and that is where the data about mfg issues with chrysler came from. All I know is this, I do have power improvements, but with all the trouble and continued trouble it sucks. After a year and half and still having problems knowing I forked out $5K is not fun.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dasbus
Those of us with early 07's and the RIPP have had some problems. First was bad MAPP sensors that RIPP received, so we have new ones and a new program which has helped. But I get error codes on a regular basis and looks like this may be due to mfg issues or something to that effect at chrysler. I had surgery and could not attend the Off road show in pomona which I understand the RIPP guys attended, so a buddy talked to them for me and that is where the data about mfg issues with chrysler came from. All I know is this, I do have power improvements, but with all the trouble and continued trouble it sucks. After a year and half and still having problems knowing I forked out $5K is not fun.
I too had some initial problems, but they were quickly resolved. It's interesting that there would be problems with an installation on an earlier JK, and not a later one with the code not cracked. I've not had any error codes, and cruise control works well. The most critical problem I had was the fuel hose to the auxiliary injectors popped off, first at the injectors and then later at the T junction. I think it was defective fuel line. I replaced the line and have had no problems since. Initially I had a bad fuel control module, but that was quickly replaced.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:30 AM
JK Newbie

Default Transmission Cooler

Originally Posted by REBEL OFF ROAD
Is it true that the Transmission Cooler needs to be relocated, with the installation of the Fin and tube cooler?

Quick Reply: Jeep JK Magnuson Supercharger - install and impressions