Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Jeep JK Magnuson Supercharger - install and impressions

Old 06-13-2012, 05:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default subscribed...

I LOVE POSITIVE DISPLACEMENT!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THose poor '11s

Originally Posted by REBEL OFF ROAD
Yes, but nothing for the 11's till Chrysler releases the software to the aftermarket industry.
What's up with the '11s? RIPP offers a system for the 11s. I'm getting ready to buy, but I'd like to have a comparison.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ricktrr
What's up with the '11s? RIPP offers a system for the 11s. I'm getting ready to buy, but I'd like to have a comparison.
If I had the extra cash I would wait for the results on this Root Style. After all it is a Jeep and you want the Torque low end of powerband, which is what the Dyno hopefully shows.

Best,
bigC
Old 06-13-2012, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I sell you my RIPP, it has the latest map sensor and program version 3.3, but RIPP will send you a specific program for your jeep. Mine is only a year old and about 7500 miles on it..
Old 06-13-2012, 08:31 AM
JK Newbie

Default More Info

Why are you selling, and what are you asking?
Old 06-13-2012, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Why are you selling, and what are you asking?
Overall I am not as happy as I thought I would be with it, with my 35's it was good performance with 37's it's to sluggish. Would love to get $4500 for it. Not sure what direction I will go, but the Magnusun sure looks promising with potentially better low end torque. For my driving I would rather have more torque on the bottom end of the rpm range than the top.

If the guys at Magnuson need another project Jeep and one that has run a competitive product I'm available
Old 06-13-2012, 09:00 AM
JK Junkie

Man this is something I would be interested in, to bad i have an 11' JK Hopefully Chrysler releases those codes, eventually.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know what you mean, Chrysler is just doing what they always do try and wreck the aftermarket! But the aftermarket is strong it should be cracked soon. I have an 11' as well and once I have the funds to get this sc I will and just get the 10' ecu to run the thing till the 11' ecu is cracked or unlocked.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:24 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dasbus
Overall I am not as happy as I thought I would be with it, with my 35's it was good performance with 37's it's to sluggish. Would love to get $4500 for it. Not sure what direction I will go, but the Magnusun sure looks promising with potentially better low end torque. For my driving I would rather have more torque on the bottom end of the rpm range than the top.

If the guys at Magnuson need another project Jeep and one that has run a competitive product I'm available
$4500 is pretty steep for a year old SC with those miles.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AdvJeep
I know what you mean, Chrysler is just doing what they always do try and wreck the aftermarket! But the aftermarket is strong it should be cracked soon. I have an 11' as well and once I have the funds to get this sc I will and just get the 10' ecu to run the thing till the 11' ecu is cracked or unlocked.
I wonder how much they make from people who use these cracks. I bought a jeep because I want to customize it any way I can. It's too bad they make it difficult.

Quick Reply: Jeep JK Magnuson Supercharger - install and impressions