Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Full Traction - Testing Rubber Bushings

Old 07-24-2009, 12:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
In your previous post you said these are borderline dangerous and so if you really feel that way why doint we get these replaced right away.

David
Somehow when you put it that way, I think you're right.

I was trying to save the effort of having to swap them twice, but they are clunking due to being completely worn away around where the bolt goes through, which strikes me as borderline dangerous (not as if my axles are going to fall off, but certainly placing extra stress on the bolts and brackets).

Either way, I'm really glad to see FT admitting to and taking active steps to fixing this problem. I think they'll have many more happy customers if they keep it up

(I'll PM or email a shipping address...)
Old 07-28-2009, 08:03 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by planman
It has been asked several times if there will be a design of rubber bushings that will replace the poly bushings on the existing arms/trackbars/kits/systems, or if the bushings will only be offered on newly designed arms.

Was there ever a definitive answer to this question?
They are working on that
Old 07-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hanson/PUREJEEP Representative

Default Testing Bushings

Hello,
I know there are many of you that are waiting for an answer on when the new bushings will be available. We feel in order to release new bushings they need to be fully tested. I know you would like to only have to swap bushings once but we don't want to release anything that isn't going to hold up well. Before we know the specifics of how they will be released they need to past the test. I believe we will have success and will be able to build new kits and retrofit older kits but I don't have a true time frame or know the specifics of what we will offer until all the testing is completed. We are researching and studying and testing.

I will gladly help out if you are in need in the mean time, please just PM me and I will get you taken care of. I know there are people in this post that I have already sent out new bushings too and I will gladly help any of you.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:35 AM
JK Newbie

I need some help If you are offering then! I am fully satisfied with the lift the Ultimate kit has givin me. But am also in need of a new set of bushings how do I go about getting some? Can you get me some?
Old 09-10-2009, 04:30 AM
CJK
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the status on the new bushings? I'm tired of listening to these control arms. If we're still a few months away from a solution, I'm going to trash the FT's and replace them with something else.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

I'm looking to upgrade to a long arm kit in the future, and while I am content with the quality of craftsmanship of the kit, I am weary about having the same bushings. Please keep us posted!!
Old 09-10-2009, 04:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Mysterious deleted post notwithstanding, can someone (Eddie? mods?) shed some light on why it looks like Hanson is suspended? I've got an email out to Jeremiah from a few days ago and no response -- anyone heard from them lately?

Failing that, maybe Northridge Dave is back from vacation -- still waiting for another pair of poly replacements to tide me over (and keeping my fingers crossed that the clevite ones are still in the works )
Old 09-10-2009, 04:53 PM
JK Jedi Master

Hanson's switching customer service reps on the site, Hanson still a sponsor..

I just talked to FT, they are still working on a source for the new bushings.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:54 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by CJK
What's the status on the new bushings? I'm tired of listening to these control arms. If we're still a few months away from a solution, I'm going to trash the FT's and replace them with something else.
Call FT for new bushings until they get the replacements out
Old 09-10-2009, 05:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
Hanson's switching customer service reps on the site, Hanson still a sponsor..

I just talked to FT, they are still working on a source for the new bushings.
Ah that's good news anyway. Hope everything is okay with Jeremiah -- seemed like a good guy.

Quick Reply: Full Traction - Testing Rubber Bushings