Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Full Traction - Testing Rubber Bushings

Old 07-16-2009, 08:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey can we get an update on these bushings? As of the past two trail rides, I have moved beyond the annoying squeaking phase into the semi-scary clunking phase with my current shredded poly bushings... would be great to have an ETA at least to make me feel better...
Old 07-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hanson/PUREJEEP Representative

Default Test testing and more testing

The other weekend I got to hit some good woops at Gorman in the long arm kit. No noise and I was hitting bumps like mad. It was so fun. I am going to test all rubber bushings on the short arm this weekend. So far all testing is very positive. I don't have a time frame yet, because we have not completed out testing yet.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hanson/PUREJEEP
The arms that we are running are custom made to fit the stock size bushings for testing purposes. The stock bushings won't fit in the FT standard arms.
So that begs the question:

Will one need to get different arms in some fashion of a swap to get these when they are released, or will the bushings be done such that they will be able to swapped into existing arms?
Old 07-23-2009, 04:51 AM
JK Newbie

I want I need....Give me!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Area-51
So that begs the question:

Will one need to get different arms in some fashion of a swap to get these when they are released, or will the bushings be done such that they will be able to swapped into existing arms?
Yeah I'm starting to think I misunderstood this also... I thought it was going to be a retrofit kit, not that I would need new arms to run the new bushings (thereby kind of defeating the purpose, IMO, for existing customers anyway).

So I know you're out there having a ton of fun Jeremiah, but what about the rest of us? Can you let us know whether this is a retrofit or a new product only? Can you give a ballpark of when these might be available? If it's going to be too much longer I'm going to have to suck it up and pick up some different arms. These bushings are driving me nuts and I'm afraid they're borderline dangerous at this point.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah I'm starting to think I misunderstood this also... I thought it was going to be a retrofit kit, not that I would need new arms to run the new bushings (thereby kind of defeating the purpose, IMO, for existing customers anyway).

So I know you're out there having a ton of fun Jeremiah, but what about the rest of us? Can you let us know whether this is a retrofit or a new product only? Can you give a ballpark of when these might be available? If it's going to be too much longer I'm going to have to suck it up and pick up some different arms. These bushings are driving me nuts and I'm afraid they're borderline dangerous at this point.
Mike,

Jeramiah is at a Event right now so I dont think he can see this. If you need bushings give me a call and I will ship you some out. I am not sure on the timeline of the Rubber Bushings to be honest we will have to wait for Jeramiah to get back to answer that.

David
Old 07-23-2009, 07:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
Mike,

Jeramiah is at a Event right now so I dont think he can see this. If you need bushings give me a call and I will ship you some out. I am not sure on the timeline of the Rubber Bushings to be honest we will have to wait for Jeramiah to get back to answer that.

David
Thanks for the offer -- I really do appreciate it -- but that's part of what I'm trying to decide. If I do keep the FT arms, whether I should replace my shot bushings with another set of poly ones knowing they'll just fail again. If it's going to be six months or a year until the rubber ones come out, I'd think about it. If it's more like six weeks, I'd probably rather wait for the hard rubber ones and just drop the arms once and be done with it.

I'm out of town for the next week so I can wait for Jeremiah to weigh in (not that I'm optimistic that he will have much more info). Thanks again for stepping up for him while he's out of pocket....
Old 07-23-2009, 09:15 PM
***erator

Default polyflex

I sent you an email about my bushings. on the website it says upgradeable to polyflex cartrige joints. I cant find any info/pricing. What are they? Will send you serial number/pics you requested.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:04 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If it's more like six weeks, I'd probably rather wait for the hard rubber ones and just drop the arms once and be done with it.
In your previous post you said these are borderline dangerous and so if you really feel that way why doint we get these replaced right away.

David
Old 07-24-2009, 08:36 AM
JK Newbie

Will Full Traction offer a deal to those who purchased the first generation JK 3" kits? I've gone through a full set of bushings already (18,000 miles with easy to medium trail runs only) and had a complete set of bushings (control arm and track bars) fail... w

Quick Reply: Full Traction - Testing Rubber Bushings