Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

Alpha Expedition: Scrublade Wipers

Old 11-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fish
may no part of the JK be left un-modified
Awesome - this is a shirt waiting to be made!
Old 11-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scrublade are now back in stock again!
Old 11-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you, got mine last week.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:38 AM
JK Super Freak

These blades worked very well for the late summer/fall bugs.
They ever worked quite well in the first heavy snowfall we had.

They did not however fair nearly as well in the freezing rain. Maybe I just got a bad pair, but noticed today that the drivers side wiper had the blades slid well past the top of the windshield. After taking it off, noticed that one side had cracked completely away where one of the metal anchors clips into the plastic blade section...allowing the blade to freely slide.

Upon inspection, the drivers side was also sliding, just not to the extent the driver's side was. Having freezing rain coming down in buckets at the time, had I not been pulling into a Walmart, but driving down the highway....this could have been a very bad situation.

Suspecting that the freezing/melting/freezing/melting/freezing temperatures and the build up on the blades caused the plastic to crack as it did.

This is not a slam on the blades themselves...for the bugs they did a great job.
It is a cautionary post that anyone else with them that drives in freezing rain may want to watch theirs carefully.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:43 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Originally Posted by Area-51
These blades worked very well for the late summer/fall bugs.
They ever worked quite well in the first heavy snowfall we had.

They did not however fair nearly as well in the freezing rain. Maybe I just got a bad pair, but noticed today that the drivers side wiper had the blades slid well past the top of the windshield. After taking it off, noticed that one side had cracked completely away where one of the metal anchors clips into the plastic blade section...allowing the blade to freely slide.

Upon inspection, the drivers side was also sliding, just not to the extent the driver's side was. Having freezing rain coming down in buckets at the time, had I not been pulling into a Walmart, but driving down the highway....this could have been a very bad situation.

Suspecting that the freezing/melting/freezing/melting/freezing temperatures and the build up on the blades caused the plastic to crack as it did.

This is not a slam on the blades themselves...for the bugs they did a great job.
It is a cautionary post that anyone else with them that drives in freezing rain may want to watch theirs carefully.
I will forward this to the mfg. And mean time. I will send a pair over to you for the replacement. Perhaps it is best used with during spring, fall, and summer time for bugs removal especially users in the area with low freezing temperatures.

btw plz send me a email with your shipping address & the photo of the damage. So i can forward it to the mfg.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:18 AM
JK Freak

Just ordered a set.
The technology got me interested, the Customer Service sealed the deal.

Quick Reply: Alpha Expedition: Scrublade Wipers