Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

15" Alloy Wheels VS. 15" Steel Wheels

Old 02-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by tomb
Will the MB72 16x8.5 fit ok? I don't see a backspacing listed on the website.

Also, I get the $40 internet discount even if I'm calling the order in?

Thanks,
Tom
That combination works perfect

The 16x8.5 MB72 has a -6mm offset which equate to 4.5" of backspace.

The $40.00 instant discount we have running on this wheel is applicable to orders placed over the phone
Old 02-14-2012, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response. Now I just have to decide what tire and I'm ready to place an order.

Which leads to my last question... I really like the Nitto Mud Grapplers but I'm concerned about running them on wet pavement (which we get a lot of in the Pacific NW). Do you guys sipe tires? If so, what's the added cost for that? I currently run siped KM's and they're acceptable to me in the rain, I just have to be a little careful. My backup choice is the Trail Grapplers.

Tom
Old 02-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by tomb
Thanks for the response. Now I just have to decide what tire and I'm ready to place an order.

Which leads to my last question... I really like the Nitto Mud Grapplers but I'm concerned about running them on wet pavement (which we get a lot of in the Pacific NW). Do you guys sipe tires? If so, what's the added cost for that? I currently run siped KM's and they're acceptable to me in the rain, I just have to be a little careful. My backup choice is the Trail Grapplers.

Tom
We do not sipe tires here at DTD as this voids the manufacturers warranty.

What are you looking for out your next set of tires?

I ran the Mud Grappler on my old truck and it did awesome off-road and road smooth on-road but you certainly know you're driving on an aggressive M/T.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is probably a really dumb question but I have to ask... I see that the mounting is free and you ship them ready to go but do you mount without TPMS sensors or would I have to purchase them if I wanted DTD to mount the tires on the wheels and ship them complete?

I guess my other option is to have you ship the tires and wheels separate and have a local tire shop put my sensors in and mount the tires.

Thanks
Old 02-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by trmason
This is probably a really dumb question but I have to ask... I see that the mounting is free and you ship them ready to go but do you mount without TPMS sensors or would I have to purchase them if I wanted DTD to mount the tires on the wheels and ship them complete?

I guess my other option is to have you ship the tires and wheels separate and have a local tire shop put my sensors in and mount the tires.

Thanks
We sell TPMS sensors and can install them in the wheels prior to mounting and balancing. If you want to use your existing TPMS sensors we can ship the tires and wheels loose (not mounted) and you can have another shop mount and balance the assemblies with your TPMS sensors (local shop rates apply). You could also have us mount and balance the assemblies with rubber valve stems and you can install your TPMS sensors upon purchasing a new set or when you feel like swapping them over.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct
We sell TPMS sensors and can install them in the wheels prior to mounting and balancing. If you want to use your existing TPMS sensors we can ship the tires and wheels loose (not mounted) and you can have another shop mount and balance the assemblies with your TPMS sensors (local shop rates apply). You could also have us mount and balance the assemblies with rubber valve stems and you can install your TPMS sensors upon purchasing a new set or when you feel like swapping them over.

Oh great! Thats what I was looking for - I was afraid you wouldn't mount them without the sensors. When I order, I'll just get them without and switch mine over at some point... maybe...

Anyways, I've pretty much decided on the 15" black MB72's but haven't decided on tires yet. I'm still stuck between 33's and 35's - leaning toward 35's with a re-gear to follow shortly. I like the look of the Kumho Road Venture MT and the reviews look good too. How do they compare to BFG KM2s?
Old 02-15-2012, 06:18 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

The Kumho's get excellent reviews. I haven't personally run a set yet but everyone that I have spoke with them has positive things to say.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's that time. Can I get a quote for 5 Black MB 72s 15 x8 - 3.75backspace; with black caps: and black hardware; along with Goodyear MTR/K 35 x 12.5 x r15. Do both discounts apply? And do you know if the shop in Napa will honor?
Old 02-15-2012, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackRockBurner
It's that time. Can I get a quote for 5 Black MB 72s 15 x8 - 3.75backspace; with black caps: and black hardware; along with Goodyear MTR/K 35 x 12.5 x r15. Do both discounts apply? And do you know if the shop in Napa will honor?

I'd be interested in this same exact quote...
Old 02-15-2012, 12:25 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by BlackRockBurner
Originally Posted by trmason
I'd be interested in this same exact quote...
Quotes on the way. Thanks!

Quick Reply: 15" Alloy Wheels VS. 15" Steel Wheels