Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

15" Alloy Wheels VS. 15" Steel Wheels

Old 09-10-2011, 08:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct
Road salt is going to be hard on any wheel finish. The main thing to do is keep them clean as much as possible.

The MB72 in the machined finish (this model is not polished) does have a clear coat which will help protect them. I suggest putting a good coat of wax on them 3 times a year as well to help protect them
So you think that mud, dirt, snow/ice, road salt, etc. won't be an issue as long as I wash them regularly? I wash my Jeep and keep it clean pretty religiously. I just remember some alloy wheels I've had before that required scrubbing and polishing with Mothers polish all the time to keep them shining and I got really sick and tired of that. I want a relatively low maintenance wheel. I want to be able to wash it with water and soap and that's ALL. That's why I've been staying with steel wheels in recent years...but the price on these MBs is tempting!
Old 09-10-2011, 09:17 AM
JK Newbie

Can I get a quote for:

15" MB72 Matte Black (5)
33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratrac (5)

and quotes with both separately.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by WXman
So you think that mud, dirt, snow/ice, road salt, etc. won't be an issue as long as I wash them regularly? I wash my Jeep and keep it clean pretty religiously. I just remember some alloy wheels I've had before that required scrubbing and polishing with Mothers polish all the time to keep them shining and I got really sick and tired of that. I want a relatively low maintenance wheel. I want to be able to wash it with water and soap and that's ALL. That's why I've been staying with steel wheels in recent years...but the price on these MBs is tempting!
As long as you take care of the wheels the best you can you should be in good shape. Like I noted before, put a good coat of regular car wax on the wheels 3 times a year. Mud, snow and dirt will have little affect on these wheels but it's the caustic road salt/chemicals you have to be carefull with. BTW we suggest cleaning these wheels with only soap and water.

Originally Posted by BigManAndy
Can I get a quote for:

15" MB72 Matte Black (5)
33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratrac (5)

and quotes with both separately.

Thanks in advance.
Here's our current price breakdown:

15x8 MB72 (matte black) - $99.00 each
33x12.50-15 DuraTrac - $188.00 each
Lug Kit - $45.00
Non TPMS Valves - $3.00 per wheel
Mounting - FREE
Balance - FREE
Shipping - FREE
Sales Tax - N/A to NY
Discounts - $40.00 OFF 4 new MB72 wheels
Discounts - $50.00 OFF JK member discount for purchasing 5 tires.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

Do you sell Kelly tires? I don't see them on the website.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Not at this time. What type of tire are you looking for?
Old 09-13-2011, 03:38 AM
JK Newbie

Not at this time. What type of tire are you looking for?
Well, I have 2 Kelly Safari TSRs sitting in my storage building waiting for me. I would buy 2 more and some wheels to put them on if you sold that brand. But, looks like it doesn't matter anyway. My credit for the promotions is being turned down. I can lease a brand new Jeep, but I can't get credit to buy wheels and a couple of tires? Um, ok. So it's a moot point now.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Smile Level 8 Tracker

Have you guys sold many of the Level 8 Tracker wheel? Any experince with them on a JKU?
Do you carry a size that will fit a 35x12.5x15 GY MTR/K? If so can i get a quote for 5 of this set up to 78681?
Old 09-13-2011, 12:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Questions.... will the Vision Warrior 375 15" wheel fit without any issues? How about a 33x12.5R15 tire on it since it's only 7.5" wide?

This one:
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...&rw=&rc=WASINT
Old 09-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by WXman
Well, I have 2 Kelly Safari TSRs sitting in my storage building waiting for me. I would buy 2 more and some wheels to put them on if you sold that brand. But, looks like it doesn't matter anyway. My credit for the promotions is being turned down. I can lease a brand new Jeep, but I can't get credit to buy wheels and a couple of tires? Um, ok. So it's a moot point now.
No worries, if we can help you in the future let us know.

Originally Posted by 4x4Jeeper
Have you guys sold many of the Level 8 Tracker wheel? Any experince with them on a JKU?
Do you carry a size that will fit a 35x12.5x15 GY MTR/K? If so can i get a quote for 5 of this set up to 78681?
I haven't test fit the 15" tracker but they are available in a 15x8 with a -30mm offset (3.3"BS) for the JK. Here's a link: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...cker&typ=Truck

If you are interested in a set go for it! If they don't fit, let us know and we'll refund you or help you get into another wheel.

Originally Posted by armycop
Questions.... will the Vision Warrior 375 15" wheel fit without any issues? How about a 33x12.5R15 tire on it since it's only 7.5" wide?

This one:
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...&rw=&rc=WASINT
Specs look like the wheel should fit but I haven't test fit the 15" warrior on the Jk. I wouldn't recommend running a 12.50" wide tire on a 7.5" wide wheel. Most shops won't mount then and if you find one that will you'll end up burning through tires pretty quick. These wheels would be much better for a 10.5" wide tire at most. I'd recommend looking for something wider.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

No worries, if we can help you in the future let us know.

I haven't test fit the 15" tracker but they are available in a 15x8 with a -30mm offset (3.3"BS) for the JK. Here's a link: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...cker&typ=Truck

If you are interested in a set go for it! If they don't fit, let us know and we'll refund you or help you get into another wheel.

Specs look like the wheel should fit but I haven't test fit the 15" warrior on the Jk. I wouldn't recommend running a 12.50" wide tire on a 7.5" wide wheel. Most shops won't mount then and if you find one that will you'll end up burning through tires pretty quick. These wheels would be much better for a 10.5" wide tire at most. I'd recommend looking for something wider.
Will the 15x8 tracker be wide enough to run a 35" tire? Can I get quotes for 5 of the black tracker and with 35" GY MTRK and a quote for 35" KM2 to 78681? Thx!!

Quick Reply: 15" Alloy Wheels VS. 15" Steel Wheels