Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

15" Alloy Wheels VS. 15" Steel Wheels

Old 04-20-2011, 10:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well here is the deal. I am running a RK 2.5 Max Travel kit and Poor ol OEM 32" on 1.5" spidertrax spacers, Gussets and 5:13's. I am a fan of 15" rims for a slew of reasons but the Idea of having the Jeep sit nearly yet another 3" wider than it is could be an issue for me being a DD.

Ya see some arse at work got a massive bonus to solve the parking issue @ work. We needed more spaces (Up to an even 10,000). Great whoopie ya good for you pal! But he did so by shaving off 3" from BOTH sides of every spot @ the plant effectively gaining additional parking. My Jeep NOW rests on both lines LOL.

So I gotta get some rubber on this thing LOL: Also is Hub Centric better off with us than Lug Centric rims?

Old 04-21-2011, 02:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ToolManTimTaylor
Well here is the deal. I am running a RK 2.5 Max Travel kit and Poor ol OEM 32" on 1.5" spidertrax spacers, Gussets and 5:13's. I am a fan of 15" rims for a slew of reasons but the Idea of having the Jeep sit nearly yet another 3" wider than it is could be an issue for me being a DD.

Ya see some arse at work got a massive bonus to solve the parking issue @ work. We needed more spaces (Up to an even 10,000). Great whoopie ya good for you pal! But he did so by shaving off 3" from BOTH sides of every spot @ the plant effectively gaining additional parking. My Jeep NOW rests on both lines LOL.

So I gotta get some rubber on this thing LOL: Also is Hub Centric better off with us than Lug Centric rims?

With those fenders and the lift....you NEEEEEED the 15x8's and some 33x12.50's desperately! Please order a set today....that poor lil Jeep looks so under nourished.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:29 AM
JK Freak

I want to see a picture of the Jeep in one of those parking spaces at work!
Old 04-21-2011, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

My tires and rims should be arriving from DTD tomorrow. I sure hope they don't stick way out or something. IMO with the factory weels and tires, the wheels look to be too far in relative to the flares, so I think it should be okay. Not sure about the parking space issue, but with the new wheels you would get rid of the spacers, so you'd gain 3" back right there relative to where you are now.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:57 AM
JK Freak

I have the 15" MT's with the 35's BFG KM2 and have had them for about 6 months now. Last weekend I wheeled up in Uwharrie and was the only Jeep to go thru the mud-bog without spinnin' my wheels - just walked right out of it. They are also not noisy on the highway and I purchesed them from Discount Tire after reading this thread.
Click image for larger version

Name:	My JK lifted 007.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	152256Click image for larger version

Name:	My JK lifted 004.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	152257Click image for larger version

Name:	My JK lifted 009.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	152258
Old 04-21-2011, 07:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Work in Progress - JK
I have the 15" MT's with the 35's BFG KM2 and have had them for about 6 months now. Last weekend I wheeled up in Uwharrie and was the only Jeep to go thru the mud-bog without spinnin' my wheels - just walked right out of it. They are also not noisy on the highway and I purchesed them from Discount Tire after reading this thread.
Attachment 152256Attachment 152257Attachment 152258
How is that tire carrier? Does it seem like its really making a difference?
Old 04-21-2011, 08:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kliff
With those fenders and the lift....you NEEEEEED the 15x8's and some 33x12.50's desperately! Please order a set today....that poor lil Jeep looks so under nourished.
33's!? LOL 35's at least (37's will fit easily) It's my malnourished rubi at the moment as fundage is not quite there yet. Any word on hub-centric rims?
Old 04-21-2011, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mastiff
My tires and rims should be arriving from DTD tomorrow. I sure hope they don't stick way out or something. IMO with the factory weels and tires, the wheels look to be too far in relative to the flares, so I think it should be okay. Not sure about the parking space issue, but with the new wheels you would get rid of the spacers, so you'd gain 3" back right there relative to where you are now.
What did you end up orderring? Don't forget pics when you get 'em bolted on.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kliff
What did you end up orderring? Don't forget pics when you get 'em bolted on.
The MB72's with 35" KM2's. I'll post up before and after pics.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

33's!? Any word on hub-centric rims?
Most after market truck/SUV wheels are no hub centric and there are really no applicable hub centric rings for these types of applications.

Truck/SUV suspensions are more forgiving making hub centric wheels unnecessary. All a hub ring does is help center the wheel before the wheel is torqued down through the lugs. The pilot hub the hub rings/wheel sit on is not load bearing.

Quick Reply: 15" Alloy Wheels VS. 15" Steel Wheels