Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

15" Alloy Wheels VS. 15" Steel Wheels

Old 04-12-2011, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4Jeeper

Done and done!

I just realized they have a Duratrac LT315/75/R16, that seems like a good option. Right! Not a true 35 but close, I guess the issue is no R15??
Old 04-17-2011, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

What's the current deal on the alloy wheels and KM2's? The 15's will definitely fit a 2011 Rubicon?
Old 04-18-2011, 07:50 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mastiff
What's the current deal on the alloy wheels and KM2's? The 15's will definitely fit a 2011 Rubicon?

The 15x8 ET-19 (3.75" BS) MB72 will clear the brakes on the 2011 Rubicon

Here are our current mail order prices on the wheel and tire.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...n=72&typ=Truck

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...sw=false&cs=35

Mounting and balancing is FREE and we still give all JK members here $50.00 OFF their total with the purchase of 5 tires

Last edited by Discount Tire; 04-18-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I click on the link for "tire details" on the page you linked, the size doesn't show up on the list. Why is that? I was mostly interested in the true diameter, but wouldn't mind seeing the other specs.

I bought some of the KM2's for my Scout from DTD in a different size and it's not on the list either...

By the way, what are people doing about the tire pressure sensors when ordering on-line? They need to go inside, don't they?

Thanks.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I click on the link for "tire details" on the page you linked, the size doesn't show up on the list. Why is that? I was mostly interested in the true diameter, but wouldn't mind seeing the other specs.

I bought some of the KM2's for my Scout from DTD in a different size and it's not on the list either...

By the way, what are people doing about the tire pressure sensors when ordering on-line? They need to go inside, don't they?

Thanks.
It is there. It is at he top left corner of the large white box above the BF Goodrich lable.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks.
You can get new sensors installed from DTD or get something like a AEV Procal and program out the sensors as I did. I have no sensors and no light.
I know what my tire pressure is and check it all the time.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Boat
It is there. It is at he top left corner of the large white box above the BF Goodrich lable.
I think I said it wrong, you actually have to follow two links. I'm talking about the table here:

http://www.discounttire.com/tireInfo...errainKM2.html

It has the actual diameter and other info. Looks like BFG claims to run pretty true to claimed size anyway. I find the tables especially helpful when the tire size is in the "goofy" notation.

I could certainly live without the pressure sensors, but how much does DTD charge to put them in? Also, what is the implication of low tire stock in my region? Will they ship them from another warehouse? Thanks.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:07 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

I think I said it wrong, you actually have to follow two links. I'm talking about the table here:

http://www.discounttire.com/tireInfo...errainKM2.html

It has the actual diameter and other info. Looks like BFG claims to run pretty true to claimed size anyway. I find the tables especially helpful when the tire size is in the "goofy" notation.

I could certainly live without the pressure sensors, but how much does DTD charge to put them in? Also, what is the implication of low tire stock in my region? Will they ship them from another warehouse? Thanks.
Like others here have noted above (thank you everyone), we can certainly install new TPMS Sensors for you prior to mounting/balancing each assembly. The cost per sensor is $42.00 each.

Give us a call at 1.888.459.4080 and anyone of our agents would be happy to assist you with this set-up
Old 04-18-2011, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Okay, I'll just call. How do I go about collecting on the JK-forum discount? Will the guy know what I'm talking about, or is it the same $50 rebate that is already on the site? Thanks.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:26 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Okay, I'll just call. How do I go about collecting on the JK-forum discount? Will the guy know what I'm talking about, or is it the same $50 rebate that is already on the site? Thanks.
Just tell the agent you are speaking with that you are a member here and that's it

Quick Reply: 15" Alloy Wheels VS. 15" Steel Wheels