Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

15" Alloy Wheels VS. 15" Steel Wheels

Old 03-31-2011, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I need now is a few "DiscountTireDirect.com" stickers and I'd be set....hint, hint....LOL
Old 03-31-2011, 03:47 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by kliff
All I need now is a few "DiscountTireDirect.com" stickers and I'd be set....hint, hint....LOL
Send me a PM with your order confirmation number and I'll see if I have any laying around
Old 03-31-2011, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wish I could say my experience has been good. Oh well. Live and learn.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Finally got mine in today. Just a few cell phone pics.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Old 04-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by rich1340
Wish I could say my experience has been good. Oh well. Live and learn.
What happened? Feel FREE to PM us if we can help.

Originally Posted by Black 08 X
Finally got mine in today. Just a few cell phone pics.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Looks great!
Old 04-01-2011, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SiPiO
Please don't tell me how to post on the internet.

It's not like I was willy-nilly clicking on tires on the internet to buy, I researched this and got advice from other JK friends and I went to one of the Tire and Wheel Experts and spoke to them over the phone. They knew my make, model and year and still ordered rims for a different model Jeep.

So when I had my Jeep in the air ready to put new tires and rims on and they didnt fit, I was pissed off.

Now its extra time and money. I either have to take a day off work to wait for the UPS guy or take time off work to deliver the tires to a UPS shipping station and wait for my WRONG TIRES AND RIMS to be shipped back, dismounted and remounted on the correct rims and then shipped back to me..... about 10 more days.

I did contact them and they are in work to fix the situation, not nearly to my liking YET, but when it is rectified to my liking I will post high praises.
Until then, I'm pissed off.
Finally got my CORRECT tires and rims on Monday March 28th (Ordered on March 7).
So far I am pleased with them, but I will never order from DTD again. My customer service rep was argumentative and acted as if it was no big deal for me to spend almost $1400 and not get exactly what I ordered in a timely manner after he took it upon himself to change my order. I could barely get a word in edgewise, he constantly interrupted me and was a general dick.

On top of that, after we had discussed my unhappiness when the wrong parts showed up, he claimed to put 5 rims on the side for me. Mysteriously, when the boxes were opened, three (3) of the rims were the wrong style...... so we had to wait another week for a shipment from California. (I call bulls__t on the "wrong style" story)

You will not get my money anymore, nor will you get my recommendation.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Default website suggestion

an option to sort wheels by offset along with diameter and width would be awesome.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by SiPiO
Finally got my CORRECT tires and rims on Monday March 28th (Ordered on March 7).
So far I am pleased with them, but I will never order from DTD again. My customer service rep was argumentative and acted as if it was no big deal for me to spend almost $1400 and not get exactly what I ordered in a timely manner after he took it upon himself to change my order. I could barely get a word in edgewise, he constantly interrupted me and was a general dick.

On top of that, after we had discussed my unhappiness when the wrong parts showed up, he claimed to put 5 rims on the side for me. Mysteriously, when the boxes were opened, three (3) of the rims were the wrong style...... so we had to wait another week for a shipment from California. (I call bulls__t on the "wrong style" story)

You will not get my money anymore, nor will you get my recommendation.
Sorry to hear about this SiPiO. Our number one goal is our customers complete satisfaction and it certainly seems we feel short here. We are human and do make mistakes just like everone else.

If you would like, send me a PM with your order confirmation number along with your phone number. I would like to speak with you if possible.

We value your business and certainly do not want you going elsewhere for your tire and wheel needs.

-Matt

Last edited by Discount Tire; 04-01-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by finnd1
an option to sort wheels by offset along with diameter and width would be awesome.
Agreed.

Hopefully in the near furture this will be an option.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Interested in pricing for 15x10 black rock D window wheels and also 15X8 SOFT 8's with shipping to 62226

Thanks,
Chris

Quick Reply: 15" Alloy Wheels VS. 15" Steel Wheels