Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

15" Alloy Wheels VS. 15" Steel Wheels

Old 03-10-2011, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kliff
Your first post, and it's to complain about something you haven't even contacted the vendor about first....
Un-cool dude, very, un-cool... post something like this AFTER first giving the vendor a chance to rectify.

And then ONLY if they have completely failed to provide a satisfactory outcome.
Please don't tell me how to post on the internet.

It's not like I was willy-nilly clicking on tires on the internet to buy, I researched this and got advice from other JK friends and I went to one of the Tire and Wheel Experts and spoke to them over the phone. They knew my make, model and year and still ordered rims for a different model Jeep.

So when I had my Jeep in the air ready to put new tires and rims on and they didnt fit, I was pissed off.

Now its extra time and money. I either have to take a day off work to wait for the UPS guy or take time off work to deliver the tires to a UPS shipping station and wait for my WRONG TIRES AND RIMS to be shipped back, dismounted and remounted on the correct rims and then shipped back to me..... about 10 more days.

I did contact them and they are in work to fix the situation, not nearly to my liking YET, but when it is rectified to my liking I will post high praises.
Until then, I'm pissed off.

Last edited by SiPiO; 03-10-2011 at 08:45 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-10-2011, 08:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SiPiO

It's not like I was willy-nilly clicking on tires on the internet to buy, I researched this and got advice from other JK friends and I went to one of the Tire and Wheel Experts and spoke to them over the phone. They knew my make, model and year and still ordered rims for a different model Jeep.

So when I had my Jeep in the air ready to put new tires and rims on and they didnt fit, I was pissed off.

Now its extra time and money. I either have to take a day off work to wait for the UPS guy or take time off work to deliver the tires to a UPS shipping station and wait for my WRONG TIRES AND RIMS to be shipped back, dismounted and remounted on the correct rims and then shipped back to me..... about 10 more days.

I did contact them and they are in work to fix the situation, not nearly to my liking YET, but when it is rectified to my liking I will post high praises.

Ummm welcome to the forum
Old 03-10-2011, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

A big thanks to DTD, we worked it out. The current set I have will be in the hands of UPS tomorrow and on their way back. Once they arrive back at DTD, they will be remounted on the correct rims and shipped back.
I am looking forward to the arrival of my tires and rims.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

A big thanks to DTD, we worked it out. The current set I have will be in the hands of UPS tomorrow and on their way back. Once they arrive back at DTD, they will be remounted on the correct rims and shipped back.
I am looking forward to the arrival of my tires and rims.
Congrats!! Glad everything worked out..
Old 03-10-2011, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up I'm next...............

Now for the MB72 with 35" KM2's.
15x8 MB72 19mm offset Matte Black: $99.00 each with FREE shipping
35x12.50R15 BFG KM2: $209.00 each
Mount and balance: FREE
NON TPMS valves: $3.00 each
Installation kit: (lugs + hub rings): $45.00
Jk-forum member Discount with purchase of 5 tires: -$50.00 off total
Sub Total package for 5 each: $1550.00

Add to this our current promotion of $50.00 off any set of wheels (excluding steel wheels) and..
your Final cost is $1500

Matt can you update the price for me if there is a change.....? Also if you could quote the same set up minus the KM2's and add;

35" GY Duratracs
35" GY MT/R's

Thx!

Last edited by 4x4Jeeper; 03-10-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry, didn't mean to come off so "high handed," I just thought you were wrong, the same as you say you were pissed...
I guess we all have opinions, and we're all free to express them, seems we both did, so as far as I'm concerned, it's matter closed.
BTW, welcome aboard.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:56 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4Jeeper
Now for the MB72 with 35" KM2's.
15x8 MB72 19mm offset Matte Black: $99.00 each with FREE shipping
35x12.50R15 BFG KM2: $209.00 each
Mount and balance: FREE
NON TPMS valves: $3.00 each
Installation kit: (lugs + hub rings): $45.00
Jk-forum member Discount with purchase of 5 tires: -$50.00 off total
Sub Total package for 5 each: $1550.00

Add to this our current promotion of $50.00 off any set of wheels (excluding steel wheels) and..
your Final cost is $1500

Matt can you update the price for me if there is a change.....? Also if you could quote the same set up minus the KM2's and add;

35" GY Duratracs
35" GY MT/R's

Thx!
Please call us for the most up to day price and ETA. We would be happy to build some quotes for you. There are some mail in rebates on Goodyear product right now that will save you some money.

If you would like to plug some numbers in, here's a link to the 35x12.50R15's. Goodyear does not build the Duratrac in this size at this time. (Largest 15" Duratrac is a 33x12.50R15). The wheel price has not changed.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...lr=*&x=28&y=10

-Travis

Last edited by Discount Tire; 03-11-2011 at 07:02 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:11 PM
JK Newbie

cant find the black mb's on there anymore? getting any in?
Old 03-15-2011, 02:13 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Right now we are out of stock of the 15x8 -19 Matte Black MB72. They should be back in-stock in the next 2-3 weeks. If you would like to order a set please call us. We will be shipping waiting orders as soon as they become available again.

-Travis

Last edited by Discount Tire; 03-15-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RyanMcCall
cant find the black mb's on there anymore? getting any in?
Better to pay and wait, rather than wait and hope they don't sell out before your order is filled. Least that's my theory....I'm a paid up, and waiting.

Quick Reply: 15" Alloy Wheels VS. 15" Steel Wheels