Notices
Sponsoring Manufacturers/Vendors - Check out Cyber Monday Specials!! New products, special offers, coupons, discounts and giveaways from sponsoring manufacturers and vendors of aftermarket products for the Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X can be found on this forum

15" Alloy Wheels VS. 15" Steel Wheels

Old 05-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by fm3fm3
Just ordered my MB72 and 33" Falken Rocky Mtns. TC got me a great deal! I'll post pics once I get them on.
Glad TC could help Thank you for your support!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by Tsmith1362
DTD gave me the hook up today! 5 MB72's with 33/12.50R15 Duratracs. Can't wait for this weekend so I can't mount them up!
Awesome. Thank you for your support as well Tsmith

Originally Posted by duluthjk
Well here is what 35x12.5x15 GY MTR's look on MB72's on a Surf Blue 2 Door

And here is how far out they stick with Bushwhacker Flats:

Looks great! Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got my MTRs on MB72s yesterday. I can't wait to mount them, they look so bad ass.

Thank you Wyatt from DTD. Top notch service!
Old 05-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Thank you for your support GriesFire. Looking forward to your pics
Old 05-01-2012, 12:23 PM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Out of curiosity does anyone have pics of 17" 72s?
Old 05-02-2012, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finish

ok.... is anyone else having any issues with the finish on their black MB72? Mine is starting to clearly peal off.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by Kmack84
ok.... is anyone else having any issues with the finish on their black MB72? Mine is starting to clearly peal off.
Ah, bummer, thats no good. I don't think you've had them very long... I'd recommend calling our customer care department. Your wheels have a 1 year finish warranty. Look them over closely. Rocks and road debris can chip up any wheel and chips in your wheels paint can lead to pealing. Also, road salts and chemicals used in the winter are really bad for your wheels finish. If your state uses these things you need to make sure you clean your wheels often in the winter.

In any event, if they are pealing give us a call. Your customer care agent will ask you to email some pictures and they should be able to determine if we can warranty them or not.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

I ordered a set of MB72's on Monday. Thanks for starting this thread, without it I would have never known about them. TC was great and a pleasure to deal with. I will post some pics when they arrive. Thanks!
Old 05-03-2012, 03:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct
Ah, bummer, thats no good. I don't think you've had them very long... I'd recommend calling our customer care department. Your wheels have a 1 year finish warranty. Look them over closely. Rocks and road debris can chip up any wheel and chips in your wheels paint can lead to pealing. Also, road salts and chemicals used in the winter are really bad for your wheels finish. If your state uses these things you need to make sure you clean your wheels often in the winter.

In any event, if they are pealing give us a call. Your customer care agent will ask you to email some pictures and they should be able to determine if we can warranty them or not.
Hmmmm thanks for the reply! I guess the issue may be with salt and chemicals... I live in NJ and who knows what they dump on the streets to clear the snow!! I may just bed line the rims instead of having to go through all this again in a year... Has anyone done this yet? I can't imagine this being any different then if you where to bed line the stockers..
Old 05-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by Kmack84
Hmmmm thanks for the reply! I guess the issue may be with salt and chemicals... I live in NJ and who knows what they dump on the streets to clear the snow!! I may just bed line the rims instead of having to go through all this again in a year... Has anyone done this yet? I can't imagine this being any different then if you where to bed line the stockers..
I haven't seen anyone bed line the MB72 but I'm sure it can be done. I've seen a few people on other sites plasti dip their wheels for the winter months. It seems to work pretty good.

Quick Reply: 15" Alloy Wheels VS. 15" Steel Wheels