Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Where are the gun ranges / shops?

Old 01-04-2009, 06:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are the gun ranges / shops?

Where is a good place to go and target shoot around Woodstock/Marietta/Alpharetta area? Indoor or outdoor ranges for both pistol and rifle.

B & B Outdoors is where I purchased my last Glock (23), any other shops that you would refer? I'm wanting to get a AR in the next few months.

http://www.bboutdoors.com/
Old 01-05-2009, 04:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

In Woodstock.. ht tp://pannellsfirearms.awardspace.com/ I havent been there, but it has been recommended to me by someone that does a lot of pistol shooting. I'm not sure if they are pistol & rifle.

I go to American Classic Marksman in Norcross. ht tp://www.classicmarksman.com/
Old 01-05-2009, 05:28 AM
JK Junkie

heres my list:

Pannells - good circulation, small and often crowded
Nicks (used to be eds) - poor ventilation, large, separate rifle range, garaunteed black lung within 2 years of exposure
Resaca - Exit 320 N 75 (about 45 minutes away) - outdoor, 5 dollar pay to play, 100yards, 4 benches and standup pistol deck.

Thats it for me... i usually go shoot in jasper... rules, safety and the like bore me... besides, where else can you practice your rockcrawl-by-shooting skills?

Last edited by 07JKX; 01-05-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:53 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07JKX
Thats it for me... i usually go shoot in jasper... rules, safety and the like bore me... besides, where else can you practice your rockcrawl-by-shooting skills?
That quarry is a great place to shoot. Bit of a workout to put up targets though.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:35 PM
JK Freak

I just bought 2 new guns. one is a s&w air light titanium 38 revolver with a grip laser. The laser has not been dialed in yet so I was wondering the best way to do this. does someone have a mount to hold the pistol while I fire it at a target and then dial the laser to the bullet hole? or any ideas.

other one i picked up is a 22 ruger for target fun and to teach my 12 year old girls to shoot. I just picked up a box of ammo for $6 per 100 rounds, gotta love that. The 38 ammo was $16 for 25! I also have a 9mm and some 1911's but I must admit the ruger has become my new fav!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can't remember the name of it, but there is a range I would use in the Smyrna/Austell area. It is located on Austell Rd between Windy Hill and East/West Connector. It may be on or near the corner of Windy Hill. Hope this helps.

Now I use the one here in Fayetteville and bought me a Glock 26.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:19 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by cjsdad
Can't remember the name of it, but there is a range I would use in the Smyrna/Austell area. It is located on Austell Rd between Windy Hill and East/West Connector. It may be on or near the corner of Windy Hill. Hope this helps.

Now I use the one here in Fayetteville and bought me a Glock 26.
Hot shots
Old 01-05-2009, 07:08 PM
gpb
JK Enthusiast

Haven't been there in a long time, but Hot Shots was one of the better places I'd visited. Just south of Austell Rd & Windy Hill intersection on Austell Rd. One part is pawn shop, other part gun shop and indoor range.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Freak

Not in your neck of the woods, but you reminded me of the Sheriff's range I been to down here (it's down I16 at exit 6). They let you use if for free (or at least did) as long as they aren't using it for training. There's nothing like shooting out the windows of a city bus with your riot 12-guage pump (and not going to jail)!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Schpeen
I just bought 2 new guns. one is a s&w air light titanium 38 revolver with a grip laser. The laser has not been dialed in yet so I was wondering the best way to do this. does someone have a mount to hold the pistol while I fire it at a target!!!
Sorry bout the hijack but I am new to ga and am also looking for advise from you locals!

Quick Reply: Where are the gun ranges / shops?