Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Trail Ride - Jan. 30 & 31 Skyline WMA - Alabama

Old 02-02-2010, 04:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great vids Corey. Did anyone else get any photo's? I think I have some more and also Mike has some that I will get and post.

Where and when id the next ride?
Old 02-02-2010, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ckivy

Where and when id the next ride?
Thats what I have been wanting to know since I couldn't make this one.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks like an awesome time! Just wondering if there were any stock JK's that made it through all that?
Old 02-02-2010, 05:00 PM
JK Freak

I'll discuss with some of the others and we will try to get a ride up for late Feb or Early March.

Some more pics:

Previously posted by JKRubi but I had to post another pics to let others know that this sign does really exist, it was so tempting on Saturday night after a couple of to go and "steal" the sign.

I don't think anyone had enough to give them enough courage to follow through with it.(FYI since it is hard to read, the sign say"If you think you can steal it, try it and you will be shot")
Old 02-02-2010, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dmhines
Looks like an awesome time! Just wondering if there were any stock JK's that made it through all that?
+1...if a the stock JK could make it???

These pics make me want to go weel'in.

Think my a-hole would have been in tight pucker mode if I had went with you guys trying that deep river crossing with my stock rig.

Last edited by NY-Vmax-Joe; 02-02-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:23 PM
JK Freak

So, did you find out what the night of fun is going to set you back.
Yes, I got the tires back today. Brian at the shop literally yelled "What the hell are you doing" as this makes three tires I've had them change. They pro-rated the tires based on tread left. WELL....since one of the tires was a brand new spare and had 100% tread left, I got 100% discount. So I got one tire for free and the other for cheeap. Two new tires replaced, mounted, and balanced should have set me back $550....but I only paid $91. So I'd say that's a win. Although the tire shop thinks I'm am completely crazy now.

ALSO, I found the source of the that "whistling/scraping" noise. It was a small pebble wedged between the brake rotor and the small sheild to protect the rotor. Also had to vacuum the mud/water out of the horn, recenter the steering wheel and now I just need to fix the idel pulley and I'll be back to 100%.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NY-Vmax-Joe
+1...if a the stock JK could make it???

These pics make me want to go weel'in.

Think my a-hole would have been in tight pucker mode if I had went with you guys trying that deep river crossing with my stock rig.
roflmao

Old 02-02-2010, 10:49 PM
JK Super Freak

I'll discuss with some of the others and we will try to get a ride up for late Feb or Early March.

Some more pics:

Previously posted by JKRubi but I had to post another pics to let others know that this sign does really exist, it was so tempting on Saturday night after a couple of to go and "steal" the sign.

I don't think anyone had enough to give them enough courage to follow through with it.(FYI since it is hard to read, the sign say"If you think you can steal it, try it and you will be shot")
Corey, I dont think Ive ever seen your Jeep that dirty.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dmhines
Yes, the stock JK with stock rims and tires made it all day with us on Saturday, through all of the water crossings ect.

Day two, the pics with all of the ledges of rocks, a stock JK would have had alot of gouges underneath and would have had to take the bail route a couple of times.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:31 AM
JK Junkie

A few pics from the trip... wow, i think this is the quickest i have ever posted anything! lol:
The rest can be found here: http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/j...Skyline%20WMA/

Quick Reply: Trail Ride - Jan. 30 & 31 Skyline WMA - Alabama