Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Trail Ride - Jan. 30 & 31 Skyline WMA - Alabama

Old 01-31-2010, 03:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
I don't remember this trail.

Must be getting old(er).

You were at the top eating bon bond while I drug dennis and porkchop up this hill, that's why you don't remember it.

Last edited by ckivy; 01-31-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:52 PM
JK Freak

I'm still on my way home, I will try to post pics tonight if not I will do it tomorrow, thanks Gary for all of your guide services.
Old 01-31-2010, 03:56 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ckivy
You were at the top eating bon bins while I drug dennis and porkchop up this hill, that's why you don't remember it.
It just looks like a very new trail, not as hardpacked as the ones we were typically running. I just don't remember dodging those rock outcrops on the passenger side of Dennis' JK. Plus he looks like he's on the thing by himself - don't see any of the other guys behind him.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:01 PM
JK Freak

Question

It just looks like a very new trail, not as hardpacked as the ones we were typically running. I just don't remember dodging those rock outcrops on the passenger side of Dennis' JK. Plus he looks like he's on the thing by himself - don't see any of the other guys behind him.
He is backed way down a water break to allow room for us to get up the hill to pull him up, he's not on the trail
Old 01-31-2010, 04:01 PM
JK Junkie

I'm still on my way home. I will try to post pics tonight, if not I will do it tomorrow.
Wow, long weekend. Yes, more pics. I want to see you guys crawling down Rocky Trail (L4).

. . . thanks Gary for all of your guide services.
You're welcome. Thanks for the JK goodies - now to figure out what other pieces of the suspension puzzle will be required.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:08 PM
JK Junkie

Default Not on the trail.

He is backed way down a water break to allow room for us to get up the hill to pull him up, he's not on the trail
Aaaah!! That explains it. Now I know why I didn't recognize anything. Bon Bons were good, although they were consumed in the first 20 minutes. Would have started a fire, and roasted marshmallows if I had known you guys were going to be down there for 1.5 hours.

Actually started walking down the trail to find you guys, but after going about a quarter mile, turned around when it became apparent that I wasn't getting anywhere close (couldn't hear any evidence of engines roaring, tires spinning, etc.).
Old 01-31-2010, 04:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Had a great time this weekend, I'll geat some pictures up tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
Had a great time this weekend, I'll geat some pictures up tomorrow.
Another special thanks to Corey for all of the planning and guide work that he did, THANKS.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:03 PM
JK Freak

yeah you were about 2 hills ahead of us at that time LOL
Old 01-31-2010, 05:09 PM
JK Freak

Some Pics

Quick Reply: Trail Ride - Jan. 30 & 31 Skyline WMA - Alabama