Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Trail Ride - Jan. 30 & 31 Skyline WMA - Alabama

Old 01-07-2010, 02:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
They're concerned about those brutish JKs you guys have built. Actually acted as a catalyst for one of the local guys to call Mel at ORE and inquire about $20k worth of modifications.

Seriously, give 'em time . . . they like to keep their options open till the last possible moment.

And regardless of what you do, there will always be one or two that will claim that the ride was a secret, and that no notification was ever posted (I'm eventually going to use that one myself - especially if it's raining Jan 30-31).
Why you gotta talk smack, Gary???
I'm in...we have training that Monday-Friday, so I will definently be in Huntsville and ready to get away to enjoy some funtime. I'll try to have topo maps ready by then. Is there a need to scout some trails?
FYI for all the Georgia guys........bring a reliable flashlight......Gary likes to keep people out past dark
Old 01-07-2010, 03:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Wilky
I'm in...we have training that Monday-Friday, so I will definently be in Huntsville and ready to get away to enjoy some funtime. I'll try to have topo maps ready by then. Is there a need to scout some trails?
FYI for all the Georgia guys........bring a reliable flashlight......Gary likes to keep people out past dark
Ask Gary about the time he lead the group at Tellico,
. It was a day ride that turned into a night ride and it took us over 1.5 hours to get back to a paved road
Old 01-07-2010, 04:13 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
Ask Gary about the time he lead the group at Tellico,
. It was a day ride that turned into a night ride and it took us over 1.5 hours to get back to a paved road
That's what's so fun about being Trail Canary - many times people will follow you . . . . . . even if you don't know where you're going.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:30 PM
JK Junkie

Default Skyline Pre-run Recon

Rats, I keep getting caught no matter where I go on the forum.

Is there a need to scout some trails?
Yup, I want to check on a couple trails from last season. It is rumored that WMA "Authorities" clean up (read grade) some of the main trails to smooth them back out for the masses, and also clear trails of fallen trees. I saw evidence of the former last year, but am curious about the latter - there were a couple of fallen trees that I hope they've removed.

Am tentatively planning a recon Jan 18th for those celebrating the holiday. Would also like to check out the "Blue Arrow Trail" (coming in from the other side) over at Muskrat Cove.

I think we could do it all in one afternoon, but bring your flashlights.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think that I will be aking this ride. Does anyone know if this is the last weekend Skyline is open until fall?
Old 01-10-2010, 05:13 PM
JK Freak

uuummm looks like fun
Old 01-12-2010, 04:16 AM
JK Junkie

soooo errrrr... there are only 3 of us not afraid of the big bad hunters?

cool. I have been wanting to do a smaller ride for a while now.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm definitely interested in this ride. I won't be able to make the scouting trip, but the 30th and 31st look pretty good, assuming its decent enough weather to camp, or the hotels aren't too pricey (student's budget). Is this ride going to be lady friend friendly? Or are we keeping girls out of this one?
Also, I may have missed it, but approximately what time would ya'll be leaving? Any chance I could hop into the caravan in woodstock as I'd be coming from Athens?
Old 01-12-2010, 08:31 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JKBenB
I'm definitely interested in this ride. I won't be able to make the scouting trip, but the 30th and 31st look pretty good, assuming its decent enough weather to camp, or the hotels aren't too pricey (student's budget). Is this ride going to be lady friend friendly? Or are we keeping girls out of this one?
Also, I may have missed it, but approximately what time would ya'll be leaving? Any chance I could hop into the caravan in woodstock as I'd be coming from Athens?
i am pretty sure you can bring who you like... but you may have to share! j/k

I need the weekend to be dry so I can go topless and doorless...
Old 01-12-2010, 11:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKBenB
Hope you can make it and yes you can bring a women, Mike always does!

We can plan out the time we are leaving when it gets closer and follow eachother over from the Atlanta area. From what I could tell on the hotels it shouldn't be too much.

Gary, any info on camping in the area?

Quick Reply: Trail Ride - Jan. 30 & 31 Skyline WMA - Alabama