Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Trail Ride - Jan. 30 & 31 Skyline WMA - Alabama

Old 01-26-2010, 03:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dstack701
I was at Bass Pro Shop today looking at some camping gear and wondering how safe a small flameless propane heater insde the jeep is? (where I'm sleeping)....Or will a sleeping bag rated to 0 degrees be enough?

As for firewood...I cut back 8 very large bradford pear trees and have 4in logs cut to around 18 in each that the disposal guys won't take. There is ALOT back there. Only thing is I'm not sure the would has dried out enough to start a fire. I can load a hitch rack full of wood if guys think it will work.
Not sure if a hitch rack will work riding on the trail. Where we are going to camp is not where we are riding the first day.

You could drop the hitch and wood into the woods hidden off the trail and then we could pick it up on the way out.

I have a plastic container I'm going to put some wood in. If a few of us bring a little each it should be enough to have a decent fire for the 20 degree night.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:34 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
You could drop the hitch and wood into the woods hidden off the trail and then we could pick it up on the way out.
We are doing a loop so this could be possible (presuming we remember the hiding spot).
Old 01-26-2010, 08:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
We are doing a loop so this could be possible (presuming we remember the hiding spot).
I could mark it on my GPS
Old 01-27-2010, 05:02 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Dstack701
I was at Bass Pro Shop today looking at some camping gear and wondering how safe a small flameless propane heater insde the jeep is?
about as safe and parking in your garage and chugging a bottle of vodka while the door is closed and the jeep is running...

you will be fine... 18 aint that cold. I camped in 8 degrees one time in the jeep with no doors on... wont be doing that again.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:20 PM
JK Junkie

Default CB Channel

Not sure if anyone has brought this up yet, but the Huntsville area guys will probably be running on channel 22 (nice center portion of the SWR curve).
Old 01-27-2010, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Alright, I may not be able to use mine then. I have it tuned to capture the lower end of the band most efficiently since every ride I'd been on folks had used channel 4-8 from what I recalled. I think I might can pick up 19, but that'd be on the outer edge for me. I might drive around the outskirts and see if there's an ok place retune before Sat.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:54 PM
JK Freak

Might need to do a quick check on mine, but we will see.

I got the 4" coils on today, (replaced 3" coils) added about 1 3/4" to overall height.

This weekend will be the test for them.

If i can find a hitch carrier for cheap, I will probably bring my wood on it and drop it at the start of the trail. If not, I'll load some in the back. OTHERS PLEASE BRING FIREWOOD AS WELL.
Looks like it is going to be a cold night, and the fire needs to be BIG
Old 01-27-2010, 06:17 PM
JK Freak

hell, i live in huntsville but I'm going to camp. I really like camping
Old 01-28-2010, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have played on cb for a long time. No longer that what a radio will be talked on the swrs will not kill a radio. The distance will not be that far ether
Old 01-28-2010, 11:03 AM
JK Junkie

looks like the weather is forcing me to ride with doors... oh well

on second thought... i do have a poncho....hmmm

Quick Reply: Trail Ride - Jan. 30 & 31 Skyline WMA - Alabama