Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Trail Ride - Jan. 30 & 31 Skyline WMA - Alabama

Old 01-25-2010, 07:16 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Huntsville Area Ride Code

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
I'm going back through the pages now to get a new headcount.

Looks like there are 11 for Saturday and 5-6 for Sunday.
I think there may be 5-6 from the Huntsville area coming Saturday.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:28 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
I think there may be 5-6 from the Huntsville area coming Saturday.
Woah, this is gonna be a pretty big group, on Saturday at least. Depending on how I feel Saturday, [] I may end up just hanging around, camping and then drving back Sunday morning. Unless I'm talked into the ride on Sunday. Of course this can all change if the lady friend joins me.

Last edited by Dstack701; 01-25-2010 at 07:30 PM. Reason: grammar, I'm dumb
Old 01-26-2010, 04:42 AM
JK Junkie

Default Feminine Accompaniment

Originally Posted by Dstack701
Woah, this is gonna be a pretty big group, on Saturday at least. Depending on how I feel Saturday, [] I may end up just hanging around, camping and then drving back Sunday morning. Unless I'm talked into the ride on Sunday. Of course this can all change if the lady friend joins me.
At least one of the Huntsville area guys is bringing his wife, plus her friend, so sounds like there may be several gals out there with us.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:34 AM
JK Super Freak

At least one of the Huntsville area guys is bringing his wife, plus her friend, so sounds like there may be several gals out there with us.
I'm sure Mike will also bring a friend.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:39 AM
JK Freak

is the friend hot? I'm recently single LOL
Old 01-26-2010, 06:36 AM
JK Junkie

i am coming unless my wheel falls off sometime this week... we shall see
Old 01-26-2010, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have claims to both that I am bringing. If it wasnt going to be so cold I could bring the rolling striper pole from my MC Clubhouse
Old 01-26-2010, 12:46 PM
JK Super Freak

For those camping Saturday night the plan is to stop off in Scottsboro, AL on our way to the camping location to get dinner at the Western Sizzlin, there are other places to eat if the Sizzlin is not your thing. We can also gas up for day #2 and get anything else we need.

Other thoughts to consider and plan for

- Lunch/Snacks/Drinks on the trail
- Campers - Chair to sit in, lantern, sleeping gear so you don't freeze to death.
- Fire wood (Chris and I are bringing some, if you can help out it would be nice )
- Weather - Saturday high/low - 36/18, Sunday high/low - 43/21

The camping is Primitive= no facilities.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
For those camping Saturday night the plan is to stop off in Scottsboro, AL on our way to the camping location to get dinner at the Western Sizzlin, there are other places to eat if the Sizzlin is not your thing. We can also gas up for day #2 and get anything else we need.

Other thoughts to consider and plan for

- Lunch/Snacks/Drinks on the trail
- Campers - Chair to sit in, lantern, sleeping gear so you don't freeze to death.
- Fire wood (Chris and I are bringing some, if you can help out it would be nice )
- Weather - Saturday high/low - 36/18, Sunday high/low - 43/21

The camping is Primitive= no facilities.
I was at Bass Pro Shop today looking at some camping gear and wondering how safe a small flameless propane heater insde the jeep is? (where I'm sleeping)....Or will a sleeping bag rated to 0 degrees be enough?

As for firewood...I cut back 8 very large bradford pear trees and have 4in logs cut to around 18 in each that the disposal guys won't take. There is ALOT back there. Only thing is I'm not sure the would has dried out enough to start a fire. I can load a hitch rack full of wood if guys think it will work.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:25 PM
JK Junkie

Default Temperature and Sleeping Gear

Originally Posted by Dstack701
....Or will a sleeping bag rated to 0 degrees be enough?
Zero degree bag is what I'm bringing. Should be okay, as at the moment the predicted low for Saturday night is in the upper teens. I told Corey today that last Spring I went over to Skyline when it was 32-33 degrees in Huntsville - it was 25 degrees at Skyline, so figure at least a 5 degree difference in what the weather channels are predicting for nearby towns.

View outside my tent from last camping trip I went on - this is up in the Smokies. Hopefully we won't get this (basically, ice pellets like the weathermen are predicting for Friday).

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 01-26-2010 at 03:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Trail Ride - Jan. 30 & 31 Skyline WMA - Alabama