Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Trail Ride - Jan. 30 & 31 Skyline WMA - Alabama

Old 01-21-2010, 03:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll bring the small chainsaw just in case.I don't think there is anything to be scared of about these trails except maybe the alabamiansis that a word Just to let everybody know, Corey, Gary, myself and all the others that I know are going are not trying to go break something, and we will help anybody that needs spotting or winching along the way, and do everything in our power to keep away from carnage.

Lets go have some fun.

Last edited by ckivy; 01-21-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ckivy
i'll bring the small chainsaw just in case.i don't think there is anything to be scared of about these trails except maybe the alabamiansis that a word Just to let everybody know, corey, gary, myself and all the others that i know are going are not trying to go break something, and we will help anybody that needs spotting or winching along the way, and do everything in our power to keep away from carnage.

Lets go have some fun.
hear, hear!!!!
Old 01-21-2010, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's exactly what I need to hear. I just got done fixing a whole bunch of stuff and can't afford to shell out extra cash here. I'm still kinda a newb, but I don't mind lending my winch to help out where needed obviously.

Was that a stock suspension sahara with rubi tires/wheels? Looks like no rock rails too? I'm thinkin if they can do it, my buddies would be alright.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKBenB
Was that a stock suspension sahara with rubi tires/wheels? Looks like no rock rails too? I'm thinkin if they can do it, my buddies would be alright.
Yes and no...
BB lift (I think under 2 inches) and stock Rubicon tires/wheels. Sahara plastic sidesteps removed.
It went everywhere my Rubi went, but I attribute most of that vehicle's ability to Porkchop's mad driving skillz. Give that man a set of lockers and he would be unstoppable.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:44 PM
JK Freak

I R going to get stuck...10 day on weather.com says rain for saturday
Old 01-21-2010, 09:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dont be SCARED. Stockers should be fine. I did the trail bone stock back in september .
Old 01-22-2010, 04:03 AM
JK Freak

Come join in the fun.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:56 AM
JK Junkie

Default Skyline Ride

Originally Posted by jgarner
Hey guys. I just ran across your thread about the ride at Skyline. I am just over the Tennessee boarder and if you would not mind a Tennessee boy riding along I would like to ride with you guys on Saturday morning. As long as I don't break anything this weekend I should be good to go. Sound cool?
That's great Jason!! Give me a shout if you need any more info on where we're meeting, and let the other TN folks know they're welcome too.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:11 AM
JK Freak

i want to join you guys for this if i am not on the road. will have to see. will not be camping and only riding on Saturday. will know more toward the end of the week.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
They're concerned about those brutish JKs you guys have built. Actually acted as a catalyst for one of the local guys to call Mel at ORE and inquire about $20k worth of modifications.

Seriously, give 'em time . . . they like to keep their options open till the last possible moment.

And regardless of what you do, there will always be one or two that will claim that the ride was a secret, and that no notification was ever posted (I'm eventually going to use that one myself - especially if it's raining Jan 30-31).
cut a guy some slack would ya.

Quick Reply: Trail Ride - Jan. 30 & 31 Skyline WMA - Alabama