Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: What weekend would you like to take a trip to Tellico?
October 17-19
17.65%
October 24-26
5.88%
November 7-9
64.71%
November 14-16
11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Tellico OHV Trip!

Old 09-22-2008, 03:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many of us are bringing family to include children. Water and electric make life much nicer with a 4 year old.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
Many of us are bringing family to include children. Water and electric make life much nicer with a 4 year old.
If that's the case, then I suggest Crawford's or Tellico Cabins.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:55 AM
JK Freak

I was just making a joke .. opps forgot to say that. It definetly does make life MUCH MUCH easier. I got a two and one year old. I know how it is camping with em.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:56 AM
JK Freak

in that case, who is bringing along children and who is coming alone or with friends? I will be down for either cabin or tent camping .....

Children aren't coming as of right now.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rubiconjack
in that case, who is bringing along children and who is coming alone or with friends? I will be down for either cabin or tent camping .....

Children aren't coming as of right now.

I'm still waiting on a few responses from the ones interested in going! I'll send out an update in the next few days as to where we stand on who's commited to going and who's thinking about! Most people have 2-3 people per Jeep and at least 2 so far are brining the kids!

Things to consider:

If your going to camp with the group, I will need a commitment by Oct. 15 (would like it sooner if possible)!

If your going to convoy with the group to Crawfords Campground/Tellico, we need to locate a central location to meet!

Any suggestions, let me know!

Corey
Old 09-23-2008, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Still in discussions as to whether or not we are up to a trip to Telico with our jeep still being stock, don't want to tare up anything or hold up anybody. If we can make it we will be bringing our daughter (12). We are both to old to sleep on the ground so we will probable need to find a cabin or motel.

Bob
Old 09-23-2008, 06:33 PM
JK Freak

Default tellico

I am still planning on going. I will probably have 2-3 with me and am planning on staying at Crawford. Most likely in a cabin if my wife comes. Corey, is there any kind of schedule? The main thing I am wondering about is Friday since I probably won't get there until later in the day.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:04 PM
JK Super Freak

I'll get feedback from everyone but kinda see it working like this.

Convoy head out of GA or where ever your coming from sometime before noon on Friday and go to Crawfords, set up camp or cabins! Get gas and gear ready for Saturday and chill out. Saturday we will all meet at a time and location (unknown now) and then convoy to the trails! Kinda the same for Sunday morning, then call it a day after lunch (2-5pm) and head back home!

If there are people who can't make it up until Saturday, we can work out where to meet and get together. Some may want to go out on their own and see what is around the area and others may want to stay as a group. I'm open to it all!

I would like to plan out who has what for tools, recovery gear and that stuff so there isn't just 1 or 2 of us hauling it all!

*** If you don't have a CB, I encourage you to get one. Walmart has a Cobra for about $35 dollars and you can get an antenna/cable at a truck stop for about another $30! Cell phones don't work the best on the trail (no service) and CB's are the best way to communicate!
Old 09-24-2008, 04:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

what is the official date for this? please humor me so I dont have to read this whole post..
Old 09-24-2008, 04:33 AM
JK Super Freak

November 7-9!

Quick Reply: Tellico OHV Trip!