Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: What weekend would you like to take a trip to Tellico?
October 17-19
17.65%
October 24-26
5.88%
November 7-9
64.71%
November 14-16
11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Tellico OHV Trip!

Old 09-16-2008, 05:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rkice14
Are y'all any closer to picking a date? And does anybody have any info as to what is available in the area as far as RV camping or nearby rental cabins/hotels?
I sent the email with the link to the camping and other things around the area!
Old 09-17-2008, 02:52 PM
JK Super Freak

For those who are on the email list for Tellico, check you email for a info update!

For those who are interested in going to Tellico, PM me and let me know!
Old 09-17-2008, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

i might be able to make it as well so far it looks like nov 7-9 would be best for me also im wondering is tellico nothing but rocks ? or are there trails like sweetwater im not really wanting to take my chances on rocks so id be doing the bypasses as well
Old 09-18-2008, 06:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Offical Date: November 7-9

The offical date for the Tellico Trip is November 7-9th! It has been the most selected from the poll!

Those on the email list for the trip I sent another email tonight with information from the campground!

Last edited by 08{GA}RUBICON; 09-20-2008 at 03:09 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put me down for "Maybe". How's that for commitment? What are everybody's plans for camping?

The State Line Campground is the closest to the trails and has beautiful sites, but no water, electricity or showers. There is an outhouse.

Tellico Cabins is the next closest and very nice. They even have a large cabin that will sleep about 20 people. It's a good deal if you have enough for everybody to chip in.

Crawfords is nice, but a little further. They have cabins, rv hookups, tent camping and showers.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:50 AM
JK Newbie

Default Tellico

I was waiting to see if any GATR guys would pop up. Same here as a maybe. I am under limited days of leave when I come in country. I will do my best to make this. RH, lets try to get Krawler and Big "D" to go. Its worth a shot. Let me know. I can rough it or come up with a cabin fee. I will buzz you guys closer I get to being home. Have a good one.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:30 PM
JK Freak

im down for camping. I have to know ahead of time, way ahead of time to get the dough for the cabin ... the camping site wont be that big a deal ..
Old 09-21-2008, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SONIC
Yeah ill probably be camping....
anyone know exactly how far tellico is from KNoxville?
Best I could tell, it's about 80 miles to the state line campground which is at the north entrance.

Here's a map route:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sadd...35&ie=UTF8&z=9

Here are the directions coming in from that way listed on the Tellico 4x4 website. I haven't come in from that direction, but I hear it's a beautiful drive along the river.

From Sweetwater, TN- Take Hwy 68 East at exit #60 off I-75 to Tellico Plains, TN. Just past the Hardee's restaurant in Tellico Plains (last chance for gas), turn left onto Hwy 165, which leads through downtown. Once through downtown, the Tellico River comes into sight. Turn right onto River Road and from this point on, always follow the river! Follow the signs to Bald River Falls .If you do not see the river for a few hundred yards next to the road; you have made a wrong turn. Most roads beyond Tellico Plains are not well marked. Bald River Falls can be seen on the right when passing across a bridge. Continue to follow the river and you will eventually come to the infamous Green Cove Motel. If you happen to get lost, ask a local for directions to Green Cove. The TN/NC state line is about 5 minutes past the motel and when the pavement ends you are on Trail #1 in the ORV area.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:18 PM
JK Freak

Here are a couple of pics of the State Line Campground. The sites are awesome. You cant fit about 6-10 tents on each site. Remember no water or electricity though. Still worth it in my opinion. You are right at the trail head.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:22 PM
JK Freak

who needs water and electricty??? That ain't no stinkin camping. Thats luxury!

Well not really! But isn't camping getting .... "away from it all" .. its how the hippies see it up here in WA. And yes I have a little bit of hippie in me!

Looks nice! I would camp there, and a plus of being at the trailhead!

Quick Reply: Tellico OHV Trip!