Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: What weekend would you like to take a trip to Tellico?
October 17-19
17.65%
October 24-26
5.88%
November 7-9
64.71%
November 14-16
11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Tellico OHV Trip!

Old 11-15-2008, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
So I have talked with Dewayne of Drivelines of Atlanta, thanks Doug, and look to get the dirveshaft and axle fixed for about $400! Without the shop looking at it they may be able to retube the drive shaft and repalce the axel with a stock rubicon shaft!

I'll know more on Monday!
Both for 400? Wow, that's great. Let me guess, he's going to pull your axle and weld on a new flange?
Old 11-15-2008, 06:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Slippery
Both for 400? Wow, that's great. Let me guess, he's going to pull your axle and weld on a new flange?
He didn't say anything about welding on a new flange, he said replacement! We will see when I take it to him. I'm going to see what he can do on a price to upgrade the rear drive shaft. Did you say JE Reel 1350 u joints?
Old 11-15-2008, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

He didn't say anything about welding on a new flange, he said replacement! We will see when I take it to him. I'm going to see what he can do on a price to upgrade the rear drive shaft. Did you say JE Reel 1350 u joints?
1350 u-joints. Dewayne has them. They are larger than stock 1310's and 1330's, but I'm not sure what comes on the JK Rubi. I know I have 13:50's in my rear shaft, CV and all, as does Mike. To change to those you have to change the CV flange casting and more, so it would be an entire new drive shaft.

"The strength difference between 1310s and 1330s is negligible at best...the only difference is the length of the cross, not the 'meat' of it because the posts are the same OD. Going 1350 is really the only way to upgrade to a truly heavier u-joint than 1310/1330s."

Most folks would say 1310's are fine unless you're braking them.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:16 AM
JK Super Freak

We'll I took it in this morning to get repairs fixed! Hope to pick it up tomorrow!
Old 11-19-2008, 02:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Well I got it back and $98 later the vibration in the drive shaft is much better. The repair shop couldn't order the replacement axle, issue with DANA and CHRYSLER Is what I was told! So I still have a bent rear axle shaft!

They were able to fix the bent driveshaft, it's about 90% back to what it should be, I can still feel a slight vibration.

They also forgot to replace the boot on the front driveshaft so I have to take it somewhere or buy one and do it my self!

Miles driven to and from repair shop - 130 for one vehicle and 70 for another

Cutting hours from work to get to the repair shop on 2 different days

Still having a broke ass ride

Priceless!

Someone Please shoot me!!
Old 11-19-2008, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

They were able to fix the bent driveshaft, it's about 90% back to what it should be, I can still feel a slight vibration. They also forgot to replace the boot on the front driveshaft so I have to take it somewhere or buy one and do it my self!
WTF! Dewayne will not like hearing from me. I've sent a lot of folks his way, and I've bought 3 complete shafts there myself, I've spent big $$$. If you've got to take the shaft out to add the boot (at least half way), can you run it back by there? I'll help you anyway I can.
Until you get the axle fixed, it's hard to know if the drive shaft is fixed good or not due to the vibes. Do you know what they did to it? I've never had one that wasn't silky smooth from them.

Those Chomoly aftermarket shafts are an excellent option if you plan to wheel it for years to come.

let me know how I can help.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:16 PM
JK Junkie

Someone Please shoot me!!
Hang in there.

You'd probably feel better if we all went back to Tellico, say the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving . . . then you could take out all that frustration on the trail that caused the original damage. We'll go find the culprit rock that caused this grief and smack it a few times with a hammer or something (after first making sure the coast is clear of rock huggers).
Old 11-19-2008, 04:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Due to being a new JK, and using cv style shafts he may not be able to cut out the bent part of the drive shaft! As for the axle, he flat out said he couldn't get the part!
Old 11-20-2008, 05:25 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I got it back and $98 later the vibration in the drive shaft is much better. The repair shop couldn't order the replacement axle, issue with DANA and CHRYSLER Is what I was told! So I still have a bent rear axle shaft
How long can you sit on that axle? I'm thinking of buying Chromoly rears in January to match my front axles. I'd sell the stock ones to you if you're interested.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tgrt
How long can you sit on that axle? I'm thinking of buying Chromoly rears in January to match my front axles. I'd sell the stock ones to you if you're interested.

Not sure how long they will last, I was told that they will last a little while, I need to worry about the bearings wearing out over time. Just let me know when you buy the Chromoly Rear shafts and I'll pick them up!

Quick Reply: Tellico OHV Trip!