Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: What weekend would you like to take a trip to Tellico?
October 17-19
17.65%
October 24-26
5.88%
November 7-9
64.71%
November 14-16
11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Tellico OHV Trip!

Old 11-12-2008, 06:25 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's the problem. Too many spotters and none of them in the right position -- except the camera man.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great pics everyone!! I had a blast. Can't wait til the next ride.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:42 PM
JK Super Freak

So I went by Nalley Jeep today and after putting my jeep on the lift and putting it in drive and watching the tires rotate at about 40mph, we located the cause of the vibration.

Rear drive shaft is bent (how'd that happen) The shaft is moving about 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch.

Rear driver side axle shaft is bent, they think the flange is where the bend occured! WTF You can see the center of the Hub moving on the outside of the wheel and the brake caliper is moving from the inside while the tires are rotating!

Any suggestions on axel shafts????

About $1,100 to fix it all through Chrysler!
Old 11-13-2008, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
So I went by Nalley Jeep today and after putting my jeep on the lift and putting it in drive and watching the tires rotate at about 40mph, we located the cause of the vibration.

Rear drive shaft is bent (how'd that happen) The shaft is moving about 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch.

Rear driver side axle shaft is bent, they think the flange is where the bend occured! WTF You can see the center of the Hub moving on the outside of the wheel and the brake caliper is moving from the inside while the tires are rotating!

Any suggestions on axel shafts????

About $1,100 to fix it all through Chrysler!
Hey, sorry for the carnage, but get some superior shafts/aftermarket and you'll be stronger, and take that drive shaft to Driveline Service of Atlanta/Doraville- Dwayne or Ron's Driveline in Gainesville. They'll cut out the bent piece, weld in a new yoke and spline, and you can put it back in. Easy job.

Let me know if you need some help. Allsouth Autoparts will be happy to help as well.

Doug
Old 11-13-2008, 03:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Slippery
Hey, sorry for the carnage, but get some superior shafts/aftermarket and you'll be stronger, and take that drive shaft to Driveline Service of Atlanta/Doraville- Dwayne or Ron's Driveline in Gainesville. They'll cut out the bent piece, weld in a new yoke and spline, and you can put it back in. Easy job.

Let me know if you need some help. Allsouth Autoparts will be happy to help as well.

Doug
Thanks Doug, I'll start making the phone calls tomorrow and see what can be done! Anyone need a slighty used axle shaft, really good deal
Old 11-13-2008, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here they are:
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...5&partID=16215

Superior Axle and Gear Evolution Series Super Alloy JK Dana 44 Rear Axle Shafts- $389.99

Part Number: EV52
* 2007-09 JK Wrangler and Unlimited
* Rubicon model
* Feature dual heat treatment for the ultimate in strength and ductility

These are the only shafts to feature dual heat treatment for the ultimate in strength and ductility. Superior Chrome Moly results in: High ultimate and yield tensile strength, Superior modulus of elasticity, Shear modulus far exceeding competitor’s axles.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oops, I meant to type Allsouth AUTOSPORTS in Buford. Talk to Danny.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Slippery
Here they are:
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...5&partID=16215

Superior Axle and Gear Evolution Series Super Alloy JK Dana 44 Rear Axle Shafts- $389.99

Part Number: EV52
* 2007-09 JK Wrangler and Unlimited
* Rubicon model
* Feature dual heat treatment for the ultimate in strength and ductility

These are the only shafts to feature dual heat treatment for the ultimate in strength and ductility. Superior Chrome Moly results in: High ultimate and yield tensile strength, Superior modulus of elasticity, Shear modulus far exceeding competitor’s axles.

I just pulled the same set up through 4wheel parts and they want $572!!
Old 11-13-2008, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
I just pulled the same set up through 4wheel parts and they want $572!!
Amazing that different companies are so far off from each other. Allsouth matches all prices, and it's not a big job so swap those out, but you need to schedule an appointment as they've been busy. I would let them match the price on the shafts and install them, and then the entire job is covered under their warranty.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:28 PM
JK Freak

Hey Corey,

Just something for you to think about, i know you where talking about putting 37'' on your jeep right? Well if you are, and your going to have to lift your jeep even more you might be needing a longer drive shaft in the first place. Just something to think about.

Quick Reply: Tellico OHV Trip!