Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: What weekend would you like to take a trip to Tellico?
October 17-19
17.65%
October 24-26
5.88%
November 7-9
64.71%
November 14-16
11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Tellico OHV Trip!

Old 10-31-2008, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is Tellico open for offroading now? the research i am reading says it wqas close i guess early in the year. Has it opened back up now?
Old 10-31-2008, 05:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by captjay
is Tellico open for offroading now? the research i am reading says it wqas close i guess early in the year. Has it opened back up now?
I've talked with people that were there last weekend, some of the trails have been closed or changed. It should close in December or January sometime for the winter and who knows if it will reopen in 2009.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

We will not be meeting up at Crawford's on Sunday, we will be coming in on the TN side. What time should we plan to meet up and what CB channel will you be running. I don't know about you guys, but I don't get cell service up there.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tn_dodge
We will not be meeting up at Crawford's on Sunday, we will be coming in on the TN side. What time should we plan to meet up and what CB channel will you be running. I don't know about you guys, but I don't get cell service up there.
Last time I was there, cell phones didn't have service. We should be on CB channel 1! Not sure on the time we will hit the trail on Sunday. I would think between 9:30 and 10am, I think we will have to break camp that morning.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Gear!

I talked with Cameron today and we were wondering about fire wood, anyone bringing some or is everyone cool going in and sharing the cost on purchasing some?? If we get it there, then we don't have to haul it up there!

Is there anything that your bringing that others can use?? Like an Axe, not sure if we need 5 of them, or do we?? Do we want to chip in some $$ to get hotdogs and hamburgers or everyone go solo on food?

Any ideas??
Old 11-03-2008, 07:16 AM
JK Junkie

i have personally planned to bring my own supplies in thier entirty.... most have been packed already, including fire wood, food, etc.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:57 PM
JK Newbie

do you all know whos doing the less difficult trails and those doing the more difficult trails? or are you all gona hit the same trails?

its good to have everyone one on one cb channel in case someone breaks and needs help. Cells usually are uselesss unless you plan on texting the bear to death or use it as a camera..

I wish i could go but no can do...

Have fun, stay grouped.. have the tail runner announce when hes completed the challenging parts, keep eye contact with the guy behind ya. All this is from experience so take it or leave it.

Good luck.. take pics and pick up trash if you see any.

Mark
Old 11-03-2008, 04:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Who's going?

So looks like their are 7 of us as of now!!!

08{GA}Rubicon - Corey
07JKX - Jarrod
TINMAN2469- Mike
CJSDAD- Cameron
hurstrescue - Joe
tn_dodge - Sunday Only
SONIC- Justin

Anyone else able to confirm yet?
Old 11-03-2008, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

Cool. Thanks for the update!
Old 11-03-2008, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07JKX
i have personally planned to bring my own supplies in thier entirty.... most have been packed already, including fire wood, food, etc.
Being that the weather looks like mid 30's both nights; I plan on burning some wood. Crawfords has wood for sale. 50 cents per stick off the porch or 25 cents per stick using a front end loader. He said the loaded gets about $30-40 worth of wood. They have a centralized bonfire pit in the campgrounds to use plus every site has a fire pit. He said that you would want min 2 loads. I vote for the loader. Me and a buddy could get one and ya'll could get the other. he does need atleast a day to get the wood chopped if we buy by the loader.

Quick Reply: Tellico OHV Trip!