Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: What weekend would you like to take a trip to Tellico?
October 17-19
17.65%
October 24-26
5.88%
November 7-9
64.71%
November 14-16
11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Tellico OHV Trip!

Old 10-17-2008, 03:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kleinrider
Well, I called them and asked. He said it's the first year they are doing it and so far they have 20 registered. Y'all probably won't have any issues with it.
Thanks for checking on that - I had envisioned hundreds of Dual-Sports all revving their engines and popping wheelies while running amok through the campground at 2:00 in the morning.

The more likely reality of a couple dozen bikes keeping to themselves sounds much better.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:10 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm sure if there are a bunch of nut jobs running their bikes at 2 am there are plenty of us to say something about it. We can turn all our off road lights on their tents or better yet we could winch their bikes to the top of a tree!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:40 AM
JK Freak

I may be game as long as it will be family oriented and not hootin-hollarin type stuff as I'd have my 5 year old nephew with me. I have a stock JK X with 33 inch tires.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Many of us are bringing family to include children, my 4 year old will be there!
Old 10-22-2008, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

I am getting packed up to head to Tellico this weekend in the YJ. Will let you know the condition of the trails when I get back. Riding Fri & Sat. Supposed to RAIN 1"-2" on Friday, so it should be a hoot.

If we make it up to ride on Sunday for the JK ride, we will have both our 4 year old and 3 year old with us.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tn_dodge
I am getting packed up to head to Tellico this weekend in the YJ. Will let you know the condition of the trails when I get back. Riding Fri & Sat. Supposed to RAIN 1"-2" on Friday, so it should be a hoot.

If we make it up to ride on Sunday for the JK ride, we will have both our 4 year old and 3 year old with us.
Post back here with the info from your trip! Thanks!
Old 10-23-2008, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

hey Corey! nice group of JKs going!
For those that are stock or afraid of any kind of damage: a cool days run:
take trail 1 to the pay station. Fill out forms $10 to ride per vehicle. drop it in slot, follow trail 1 to Trail 4 (the trail will V and trail 4 is on the right)
Trail 4 is really pretty much a scenic trail, with some rocky sections.
Trail 4 will intersect with trail 5. hang a left on Trail 5. Trail 5 used to be fun now its just large gravel rocks.
at the bottom of 5 look for the parking lot and behind the parking is trail 6.
Trail 6 is not as tough as it used to be, i saw a stock YJ go up it. just pick your lines and dont try to go around the rocky sections. At the top of 6 you meet up with Trail 4, hang a right and follow trail 4 back all the way to trail 1.

Its a big ol loop but its a safe route.

For those wanting a challenge. Take trail 1 to pay station and pay $10 to ride, take trail 1 down to trail 5 (kinda warms up the clutch leg). Up trail 5 and right on Trail 4. follow trail 4 about a mile to trail 3 on left. trail 3 will go for 500 feet and you see trail 12 going straight up. yes trail 12 is called School Bus.
its not a bad trails as you may think, the hard parts have bypasses and the bypasses arent neccessarily easy. Follow 12 all the way up. Its nice ride to the top.
Once at the top you ll you see traill 11, go to left to avoid whats known as Pinch Rock, go down a bit til your at the top of Helipad, take the right side to bypass it. or you can climb up it if time permits. Winching may be needed.
Down trail 11 you ll eventually come to Guardrail. Hug the guardrail tree and you ll be browning your seat on the way down... You can turn around a bit down the trail and attempt Guardrail if you like or just continue down to trail 4 go left to trail 1 and back home.

Hope this helps..

Mark

Last edited by jeepgeek2002; 10-23-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:10 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jeepgeek2002
hey Corey! nice group of JKs going!
For those that are stock or afraid of any kind of damage: a cool days run:
take trail 1 to the pay station. Fill out forms $10 to ride per vehicle. drop it in slot, follow trail 1 to Trail 4 (the trail will V and trail 4 is on the right)
Trail 4 is really pretty much a scenic trail, with some rocky sections.
Trail 4 will intersect with trail 5. hang a left on Trail 5. Trail 5 used to be fun now its just large gravel rocks.
at the bottom of 5 look for the parking lot and behind the parking is trail 6.
Trail 6 is not as tough as it used to be, i saw a stock YJ go up it. just pick your lines and dont try to go around the rocky sections. At the top of 6 you meet up with Trail 4, hang a right and follow trail 4 back all the way to trail 1.

Its a big ol loop but its a safe route.

For those wanting a challenge. Take trail 1 to pay station and pay $10 to ride, take trail 1 down to trail 5 (kinda warms up the clutch leg). Up trail 5 and right on Trail 4. follow trail 4 about a mile to trail 3 on left. trail 3 will go for 500 feet and you see trail 12 going straight up. yes trail 12 is called School Bus.
its not a bad trails as you may think, the hard parts have bypasses and the bypasses arent neccessarily easy. Follow 12 all the way up. Its nice ride to the top.
Once at the top you ll you see traill 11, go to left to avoid whats known as Pinch Rock, go down a bit til your at the top of Helipad, take the right side to bypass it. or you can climb up it if time permits. Winching may be needed.
Down trail 11 you ll eventually come to Guardrail. Hug the guardrail tree and you ll be browning your seat on the way down... You can turn around a bit down the trail and attempt Guardrail if you like or just continue down to trail 4 go left to trail 1 and back home.

Hope this helps..
Mark
thanks mark!! i look forward to watching other people go first now!
Old 10-24-2008, 10:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks Mark! That's what I wanted to know! Do you have any pictures from your trip?
Old 10-24-2008, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

some one does and someone aint sharing.. This guy from columbia was there snapping like a chinese tourist, i emailed him and still didnt answer me.

Oh well. Fond memories.. We did have some 2 sami's destroy there rigs.
One blew both axles in the rear, the other rolled and bruised his ego.
Top of 12, Oh... Lockers in the rear recommended but not neccessary for trail 12

Mark

Quick Reply: Tellico OHV Trip!