Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Sept. 12 & 13 - Coal Creek OHV Oliver Springs, TN

Old 09-08-2009, 10:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thinking about going up with no doors. The weather looks ok, only a 30% chance of rain all weekend. After a rain do the trails hold water and make it muddy?
Old 09-09-2009, 06:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
I thinking about going up with no doors. The weather looks ok, only a 30% chance of rain all weekend. After a rain do the trails hold water and make it muddy?

We haven't had to much rain out there lately. So, it shouldn't be to bad. first time I went to windrock, last december, it rained for 10 days prior to our ride. Muddy was an understatement that day. lol..

The first trail we started on took a couple of hours to do. Traill 22 has a huge hill climb right at the beginning of it. It was bad enough that even some 4wheelers and utv's were having problems makin it up.

now for some not so great news. The company that I contract with, decided to wait till about 3 days ago to put out there schedule for the next 2 months. I have this friday off, but with the VOLS playin at home on saturday. I'm havin a really hard time tryin to get my shift covered. Needless to say, I'm super freakin pissed off.

I haven't been able to go wheelin since early summer time. Now that I'm settled into my new place and so forth.. I have been plannin for a ride in september all summer long. Now the time is here and I might not be able to. I won't be able to next month or in November, because of my birthday, fathers birthday, and possibly askin the big question to my girlfriend in november when we go see her family in SC for thanksgiving.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKChad
We haven't had to much rain out there lately. So, it shouldn't be to bad. first time I went to windrock, last december, it rained for 10 days prior to our ride. Muddy was an understatement that day. lol..

The first trail we started on took a couple of hours to do. Traill 22 has a huge hill climb right at the beginning of it. It was bad enough that even some 4wheelers and utv's were having problems makin it up.

now for some not so great news. The company that I contract with, decided to wait till about 3 days ago to put out there schedule for the next 2 months. I have this friday off, but with the VOLS playin at home on saturday. I'm havin a really hard time tryin to get my shift covered. Needless to say, I'm super freakin pissed off.

I haven't been able to go wheelin since early summer time. Now that I'm settled into my new place and so forth.. I have been plannin for a ride in september all summer long. Now the time is here and I might not be able to. I won't be able to next month or in November, because of my birthday, fathers birthday, and possibly askin the big question to my girlfriend in november when we go see her family in SC for thanksgiving.
That sucks, hope you can get your shift covered. Why would anyone want to see the VOLS play? GO GATORS!
Old 09-09-2009, 02:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 08{GA}RUBICON
That sucks, hope you can get your shift covered. Why would anyone want to see the VOLS play? GO GATORS!

LOL... I could care a less for sure, but not that I don't like them. I'm just not a big football junkie and would rather be off in the woods then glued to a big screen screamin at the tv. Not lookin so good. It's really ruined my day. Had the day off and haven't accomplished much of anything.. Just really bummed out.. This is gonna be my last chance to go for quite a while. I can't go to eastcoast jkfest because my best friend is gettin married that weekend..
Old 09-09-2009, 02:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKChad
LOL... I could care a less for sure, but not that I don't like them. I'm just not a big football junkie and would rather be off in the woods then glued to a big screen screamin at the tv. Not lookin so good. It's really ruined my day. Had the day off and haven't accomplished much of anything.. Just really bummed out.. This is gonna be my last chance to go for quite a while. I can't go to eastcoast jkfest because my best friend is gettin married that weekend..
What about Sunday?
Old 09-09-2009, 03:33 PM
JK Freak

Got the final schedule for myself for this weekend, work has been crazy.

I will be leaving around 1:00 on Fri and be there around 5:00 or 6:00. The drive is a little crazy from way over here.Sat wheel all day. Sunday wheel until .... Just need to be home by 7:00 or 8:00.

I have another rig coming with me (79 Cj7 , propane powered with 36" SX's) so there will be two vehicles and 3-4 people.

Can't wait
Old 09-09-2009, 04:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ckivy
Got the final schedule for myself for this weekend, work has been crazy.

I will be leaving around 1:00 on Fri and be there around 5:00 or 6:00. The drive is a little crazy from way over here.Sat wheel all day. Sunday wheel until .... Just need to be home by 7:00 or 8:00.

I have another rig coming with me (79 Cj7 , propane powered with 36" SX's) so there will be two vehicles and 3-4 people.

Can't wait
Cool, I plan to leave Woodstock around 10am and get there by 2pm or so. Give me a call when you get on the road. Can you buy wood there or do I need to bring some?
Old 09-10-2009, 03:25 AM
JK Freak

Default wood

I'm not sure on the wood, since I am Bringing my truck to haul the CJ, I am going to Bring alot from home.

We will talk tommorrow.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well I'm not able to go this time. Hope you all have a good time and have a safe trip.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:49 PM
JK Junkie

Hmmm . . . looks like they're getting hammered with some rain tonight. Did anyone ever post a reply on how sloppy it gets at Coal Creek after a good rain?

Quick Reply: Sept. 12 & 13 - Coal Creek OHV Oliver Springs, TN