Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Saturday June 6th - Morris Mountain ORV

Old 05-31-2009, 02:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm completely stock (2d sahara). Are there trails there for me? Also, what is a tree saver? I have the tow strap, but don't know what a tree saver is....
Old 05-31-2009, 03:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by paratus13
I'm completely stock (2d sahara). Are there trails there for me? Also, what is a tree saver? I have the tow strap, but don't know what a tree saver is....

A tree saver is just like a tow/snatch strap but much shorter. Generally about 6ft long. You put it around the base of a tree and connect the winch line to it.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:06 PM
JK Super Freak

There are some areas to ride stock and you can always ride with someone else on the more difficult trails.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:22 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your stock Jeep is very capable. The main limiting factor will be your tires assuming you haven't upgraded to the Rubicon tires. I haven't been to Morris Mountain yet, so it should be fun.

And like 08{GA}RUBICON said, there are places you can ride stock, and if you get stuck most of us have extraction equipment including winches. I would recommend that at the least you have a tow strap and extraction points front and rear. And of course you need to meet the park's requirements.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:33 PM
JK Junkie

i am looking forward to this one... as of now, i will be camping the night before... who else? pony up bitches... i know corey is in, and mike should be... but its mike after all
Old 06-03-2009, 09:22 AM
JK Super Freak

So who all is going to make this ride? It dosen't look like I can camp on Friday. I'll be driving down Saturday morning!
Old 06-03-2009, 10:07 AM
JK Freak

I'll be driving down on Saturday morning too. Are you guys bringing your kids or is this a "BAMF's Only" trip?
Old 06-03-2009, 10:10 AM
JK Super Freak

I'll have my little guy with me.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would really like to go on this ride if it's not too late... but I have a few concerns.
First of all, I don't have a CB radio. Will that make it too difficult to communicate?
Also, my rear coils tend to drop out if I flex it too much, and I won't have the opportunity to install coil spring retainers prior to this ride. Would there be a way to pop 'em back in on the trail if they came unseated?
Do our JK's have battery tie downs stock? And does our factory roll bar count? I think those were the only things on the "required stuff" list that concerned me.
I probably would just scoot over that way Saturday morning and ride Saturday.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:41 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JKBenB
I would really like to go on this ride if it's not too late... but I have a few concerns.
First of all, I don't have a CB radio. Will that make it too difficult to communicate?
Also, my rear coils tend to drop out if I flex it too much, and I won't have the opportunity to install coil spring retainers prior to this ride. Would there be a way to pop 'em back in on the trail if they came unseated?
Do our JK's have battery tie downs stock? And does our factory roll bar count? I think those were the only things on the "required stuff" list that concerned me.
I probably would just scoot over that way Saturday morning and ride Saturday.
you will be fine... if you pop a coil, we can hi-lift a side up and reseat it and lower it down.

and your vehicle is fine to ride there... most of that stuff is for disclaimer purposes only.

your battery wont go anywhere
you factory bars are fine

Quick Reply: Saturday June 6th - Morris Mountain ORV