Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

noob question- rain

Old 07-31-2008, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not gonna lie i actually liked those doors. they're really original and I wish I had a pair of them. I was thinkin of makin them when I have some time but I'm a little too lazy.

Its legal to drive without doors completely in florida right? like you dont need tube (or wood) doors or anything, just mirrors right?
Old 07-31-2008, 07:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i need both my mirrors. mopar one one side rugged ridge on the other.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

ya i know its kind of sketch without em, i always turn aroud but i still like the confort of them. I just took of my doors today (awesome!) and i havent bought the reloc brackets. gotta get on that. thanks a lot tho guys
Old 08-01-2008, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

just a head up on the relocation brackets. It seems the bolt that hold the mirror only gets a few threads when using my rugged ridge brackets. it stripped itself from vibrations and bumps. I was driving down 75 about 2 weeks ago when I was in a bad storm ... bad gust of wind came and bam, bolt falls out and the entire mirror smashed on the road

It sucked driving with out a mirror on the drivers side, and it cost me $120 from the stealership for a new one. I'm going to be getting some longer bolts for the side mirrors soon.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:04 AM
JK Newbie

The bolt that holds the mirror down I used one of the door bolts to get several threads in and pull the mirror down lower in the bracket and then re-used the mounting bolt for the mirror. One thing with the relocation brackets was the lack of visibility on the passenger side of the vehicle... I remounted the mirror on the passenger side to the door. When I have the doors off...
Old 08-01-2008, 06:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check the bracket manufacturers website and download the new instructions. They tell you you have to switch out the screw that holds the mirror to the bracket with the one that holds the filler plate to the door. The screws are the same thread but the filler panel one is a bit longer.

Apparently your not the only one with that problem. I think it has to do with Jeep making slight changes during assembly or something like that.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 4lo n go
ya i know its kind of sketch without em, i always turn aroud but i still like the confort of them. I just took of my doors today (awesome!) and i havent bought the reloc brackets. gotta get on that. thanks a lot tho guys
Instead of the Rugged Ridge relocation brackets, take a look at the American Outlaw mirrors... Saw them after I purchased my brackets and they are awesome
Old 08-01-2008, 06:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by idrivejeep
Check the bracket manufacturers website and download the new instructions. They tell you you have to switch out the screw that holds the mirror to the bracket with the one that holds the filler plate to the door. The screws are the same thread but the filler panel one is a bit longer.

Apparently your not the only one with that problem. I think it has to do with Jeep making slight changes during assembly or something like that.
hrmm, that would have been nice to know before the mirror fell off
Old 08-01-2008, 07:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah my RR bolts didnt fit. i just went to lowes and got some hardware that worked.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:51 AM
JK Newbie

mferr that sucks man. thanks for theadvice tho. those outlaw mirrors look sick, im actually thinking of just gettin those instead now. we'll see what happens

Quick Reply: noob question- rain